A indie film featuring Margot Robbie (Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad 2016), Sebastian Stan (Bucky from MCU's Captain America), it's about Tonya Harding's fame and infamy as a US ice skater during the 90's and her eventual blacklisted status on competitive ice skating. Though there was a TV movie about her life (and Nancy Kerrigan's) years ago, this movie focuses more on Tonya while Nancy is here and there.
I don't watch much sports or media about disgraced persons who participated in sports but this is a good movie about a disgraced, former ice skater. Great use of 4th wall breaks, wonderful dramatic sequences, brilliant use of other camera types to document several characters (notice Shawn Eckhardt's interviews: it's a tell on his real-life status).
Interesting trivia: Sarah Kawamura, an ice staking choreographer who trained Kerrigan with skating routines, taught Margot how to skate, including the triple axels Harding was famous for.
Give this one a go. Don't worry, there's a Harley Quinn allusion halfway through the movie.
All them talking pictures
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Crossing a Millennium
- Posts: 1045
- Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:38 pm
- Favorite series: Amazons
- 2ndFavoriteSeries: GoBusters
- Dreamy: Claire Hasumi
- Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- Favorite Band: Owarikara
- Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
- My boom: Cooking food
- Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!
Bojack S05 is why I keep close to a relative's Netflix account..
- Team Baron
- Posts: 27499
- Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
- Male: Yes
- Favorite series: All of them
- Alignment: Neutral
- My boom: stick
- Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
- Type: ISFJ Protector
- Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu