All them talking pictures
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Alive

Post by Saejima Kouga »

First, I just want to say, I've loved every Ryuhei Kitamura piece of work that I've got to see.

So you're on death row. You have it coming because you killed six men, and then your girlfriend. But then a twist of fate happens. You're given a chance to live or die. Which would you take? For Yashiro Tenshu the choice seems too good either way. Normally one would pick to live, but what is the price of being able to live after such a scenario?

And thus our movie truly begins.

Spoiler
Yashiro chooses to live. He is told that his previous life is over. He no longer exists. And yet now he is a free man. It's at this point he gets shot with a tranq, and then awakens in a suspicious chamber to find he's not the only "survivor" of the electric chair. So what are they doing here? Living it up---in a confined room? No, something's not right. All they have to do is stay in the room and they get whatever reasonable desires they have? Slowly but surely these people that offered the "new life" are trying to drive Yashiro and his new roommate into insanity. But why? Who is that woman? What is the Isomer? Just what the hell is going on!?

So has anyone seen this? This is one of the best movies I've watched in 2008. And for those who have yet to see it, might I recommend you go ahead and do so?
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Re: Alive

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Hmm, sound interesting. Dunno who that is but I am going to check it out. Thank you for bring it up.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I enjoyed it because the first half of it makes you think, and the second half gives you the action you want, and the whole thing keeps you wondering what's gonna happen by throwing in something new.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Alive Trailer

I figured that could help some.

Return to “Movies”