Wolf Children

All them talking pictures
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Wolf Children

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

So, I was at MIT on Thursday and that night around 7pm(est), there was a showing of a movie Mamoru Hosoda (credited to directing Digimon: Our War Game, One Piece movie 6, Summer Wars, Girl who leapt through time, and others) directed called "Wolf Children". Short, no-spoiler summary would be that this girl named Hana meets this man, man turns out to be a werewolf (or "Wolf-Man" as the dialogue explicitly names him with "Ookami-Otoko), she has kids with him (a girl named Yuki and a boy named Ame) then raises them.

It's basically a movie that focuses on the troubles of a
Spoiler
single mother
trying to raise two kids that also happen to be, basically half-breeds; caught between humans and wolves and the troubles they face as they grow up in this world as well, such as that they can't publicly state that they're part-wolf for fear of how anybody they know will react or, what path will they take? will they live as human or wolves?

- autograph I obtained from Mr. Hosoda <3
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Re: Wolf Children

Post by Revorse »

Well I loved the art style of Digimon, Summer Wars and the Girl who leapt through time. And all pretty decent movies in my opinion. Is this movie available to watch somewhere?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Wolf Children

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I think a fansub for it got uploaded 'cause I know I saw a picture from it on tumblr and poked fun at it on twitter.

An official release though.. I honestly have no clue; though, I'd be surprised if it didn't get picked up at all.

Return to “Movies”