Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

My Little Pony movie Equestria Girls

Post by takenoko »

So I watched this last night. $4 streaming on PSN.

Surprisingly good. The music is my favorite part of this series, so it really helped that I dug the songs that were made for this movie.

Still don't care for the humanized pony designs though, sorry. Something about Celestia's design in particular felt off. Luna's felt pretty good actually. I like her detective noir office when she interrogates Twilight. It's fitting.

But it was a lot of fun to try to find the regular ponies in their human forms. I really wish a lot more of the background ponies made it in though. Plus there was this one girl with really red hair that I swear is a pony but couldn't figure out.

Other things that I wish were in the movie was seeing what the human version of Twilight was doing all this time. They sort of explained her absence away by having Pinkie Pie say she lived in the city or something, so it kind of makes me wonder if the human versions of the gang will seek her out after the real Twilight goes back to Equestria.

Also, Pinkie Pie is great as always. The Transformer nod with the sound effect. The uncanny knowledge across dimensions. Only Pinkie Pie.

Something that also tugged on my brain was the naming schemes. Twilight Sparkle -> Sunset Shimmer. Yeah, I see what happened there. This is fine. What's bad is Shining Armor -> Flash Sentry. Twilight, you're in love with your brother!

Return to “Movies”