Knyto, an original Tokusatsu-inspired film

All them talking pictures
JosueFm
Quote: just wanna henshin

Knyto, an original Tokusatsu-inspired film

Post by JosueFm »

Hey there everyone,

So Takenoko did us a huge favor and put our kickstarter on the front page. (Thanks again btw :D )

We would love it if you checked out the Kickstarter, and spread the word!

The Kickstarter page

I am the guy in the video, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

-Josue
just wanna henshin
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Knyto, an original Tokusatsu-inspired film

Post by DekaBreak »

What kind of production can we expect?

As in, if it's Sentai-like we'd have the team-dynamic undercurrent.
If it's Rider-like we have the 1 man fights with supportive allies
If it's Ultraman-like it's mass monster action for short scenes with largely an episodic, civilian plot.

So which kind of Tokusatsu are you planning on? I'm guessing a Rider feel, but is there anything you'd like to add about how this work relates more directly to the shows we love?
JosueFm

Post by JosueFm »

DekaBreak wrote:What kind of production can we expect?

As in, if it's Sentai-like we'd have the team-dynamic undercurrent.
If it's Rider-like we have the 1 man fights with supportive allies
If it's Ultraman-like it's mass monster action for short scenes with largely an episodic, civilian plot.

So which kind of Tokusatsu are you planning on? I'm guessing a Rider feel, but is there anything you'd like to add about how this work relates more directly to the shows we love?
Great question. The Knyto "universe" looks like a hybrid between Super Sentai and Kamen Rider.

There was a team dynamic, but the story that I am showing picks up after that team has defeated their enemy, and there was loses on both sides.

Here's some inside info ;)
Spoiler
In the original draft of the script, we had mecha battles, and giant monsters, but I liked how without it you could focus more on the individuals and struggle (Ala Kamen Rider), so I decided to take that out.

As for production style? I am a huge enthusiast of Asian cinema, and how they handle their cameras.
So expect similar visuals as you would see in Sentai and the Riders.

Keep the questions coming!
just wanna henshin
TheUnknownRider
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider (all)
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Yasue Sato
Favorite Band: Otokage
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by TheUnknownRider »

I love the designs on the suits. Also a good idea combine ideal set up with the former team turned loners....i'm imagining that whomever is left will reassemble

What coast are you guys on? just wondering if you were close to any other indie heroes for potential team ups/cross promotions in the future
JosueFm

Post by JosueFm »

TheUnknownRider wrote:I love the designs on the suits. Also a good idea combine ideal set up with the former team turned loners....i'm imagining that whomever is left will reassemble

What coast are you guys on? just wondering if you were close to any other indie heroes for potential team ups/cross promotions in the future
We are East Coast. South Florida Based.

Blinding Light Productions, nice to meet ya 8)

we have been working on pre production for the last 7 months, I am glad to say that the suits that you saw were still phase 1. So they look even more awesome now. We will reveal our final design further down the kickstarter campaign.

Keep sharing the page, and build the hype. Next week I will be announcing what we would like to do with the premiere of the film.
just wanna henshin
ChibiZyuJin
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by ChibiZyuJin »

If I wasn't so poor, I would've dumped every bit of money I had(hell even just paid you the money you need) but since I don't ave any money I can only cheer for you...:D
JosueFm

Post by JosueFm »

ChibiZyuJin wrote:If I wasn't so poor, I would've dumped every bit of money I had(hell even just paid you the money you need) but since I don't ave any money I can only cheer for you...:D
I can feel the vibes <3

But you can help us by spreading the word and kickstarter to every Toku loving person you know, on the Internet or IRL.

We need all the buzz we can get!

[edit]
Keep the questions coming peeps, I love talking about this project :)
just wanna henshin

Return to “Movies”