Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Thor 2

Post by takenoko »

It was pretty entertaining. I miss some of the dramatic Shakespearean drama from the first movie, but the parts with Loki were some of the best scenes in the movie.

The stuff with Jane and friends felt better integrated into the Thor aspect of the story. Darcy still the best.

I don't know if it's just because I streamed it, but the movie seemed overly dark to me. I felt like a lot it was hard to see a lot of the scenes (maybe intentional).

I can't help but notice that despite all the brave fighting of the Asgardians, the bad guy ends up getting his weapon from Jane anyway. But if that part were cut, we wouldn't have Thor's mom's funeral, or Loki being freed from his cell.

Haha, the guy from IT crowd.

So if the convergence is happening across 9 worlds, couldn't the villain go to any of the other 9 points where they're converging to do this thing? Movies, so Earthcentric.

The little details were nice too. I like that at the end, we see the two jets fly out of the portals to show that they're alright. What happened to all the dark elf soldiers? I remember some got crushed by a car, but Thor couldn't have taken them all out.

Thor was good, I think I might like this one even better. And with the universe just building up and interconnecting with the other movies, I think there will be a lot to look forward to with the third one. Whether the story will be any good is anyone's guess though.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Thor 2

Post by XIII »

i think its cause earth was at the centre of the convergence

single best laugh of tfle ep was the puddle jumper being the portal and loki just saying ta-da! at the end of it
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

If I recall, Earth was at the bottom part of the convergence and it would shoot up to the other 8 worlds. I like the movie as well. I do understand why they have to do origin stories for the first movie but for someone who knows most of the origin stories, it doesn't excite me as much. I rather have it with the hero already established and just does what they do best. It's why I like the Winter Soldier as well since Captain America can be himself throughout the movie.

The one thing I don't quite understand is how did Loki replace Odin at the end of the movie. It was just odd to have that and it ruin the scene with Odin and Thor. I rather have that reveal in the third movie not at the end of the second.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Loki was obviously the soldier sent back from the Dark World to report to Odin. He probably replaced Odin at that point. It's predictable, but it's a cliffhanger moment for leading to Thor 3.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I don't know if it's just because I streamed it, but the movie seemed overly dark to me. I felt like a lot it was hard to see a lot of the scenes (maybe intentional).
That's what you get for filming in England!

To be honest, I liked it more than the first one. It's very space opera like. That last fight is pretty sweet as well.

Return to “Movies”