2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Kamen Teacher SP

Post by MadCow »

So I happened to notice this and gave it a try. No English subs though, so I was just going in blind, lol.

Seems like GTO meets Kamen Rider. It's got Natsuna Watanabe, so that's nice. Unfortunately, the action seemed mediocre...?
Spoiler
I was expecting some badass kicking from the main character, but everytime he gets into a fight he just drowns in his own angst and lets himself get beat up, like a punching bag for the antagonists to let out their stress before befriending then.

Well at least it had Natsuna Watanabe... though she was a little stiff in the movie.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Kamen Teacher SP

Post by Catastrophe »

Live action Kamen Teacher is pretty rubbish compared to the manga. This rendition of the teacher doesn't actually like fighting, so it's kind of unintersting to watch unless some non-student villains appear, then the action is good.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I watched like half of the first episode before I got bored and turned it off. I haven't read the manga so I can't speak for its quality in comparison, but the live action was pretty bland and your standard delinquent student stuff. The action was not bad but it took far too long to get to.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's a loose adaption at best. Even saying that, the Manga isn't that fantastic.

I've never actually watched any other live adaptions of Manga to give a comparison though.

Return to “Movies”