Saw this in my film class for the first time... Effing impressed.
Emily Blunt may seem to be the protagonist of this entire movie about feds hunting down druglords, but she is less than what the posters for this movie indicate. This isn't a diss on her, FYI.
The CIA is utterly harsh in taking down people involved with drug ops as well as talking down the idealism that Blunt's character espouses. Josh Brolin and Del Toro bring in pleasing performances as jerkasses who know that their targets are cold-blooded and as such, they have to be as well. Some of the Juarez scenes are either not safe for work or tearjerkish.
So, if you wanna see Benicio Del Toro become a nightmare to Mexican drug ops personnel, this is the movie.
All them talking pictures
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 795
- Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:38 pm
- Favorite series: Amazons
- 2ndFavoriteSeries: GoBusters
- Dreamy: Claire Hasumi
- Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- Favorite Band: Owarikara
- Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
- My boom: Cooking food
- Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!
I can only hope the content creators I like, may it be Mike Judge or Yasuko Kobayashi, to stay the course and not have any history of sexual deviancy.
- Posts: 3785
- Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:47 pm
- Male: Yes
- Favorite series: Kyoryuger
- 2ndFavoriteSeries: W
- Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"
It's a pretty great operator movie. I've watched it probably 3 times and enjoy it every time.