Sicario (Benicio Del Toro being an awesome hitman)

All them talking pictures
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Sicario (Benicio Del Toro being an awesome hitman)

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Saw this in my film class for the first time... Effing impressed.

Emily Blunt may seem to be the protagonist of this entire movie about feds hunting down druglords, but she is less than what the posters for this movie indicate. This isn't a diss on her, FYI.

The CIA is utterly harsh in taking down people involved with drug ops as well as talking down the idealism that Blunt's character espouses. Josh Brolin and Del Toro bring in pleasing performances as jerkasses who know that their targets are cold-blooded and as such, they have to be as well. Some of the Juarez scenes are either not safe for work or tearjerkish.

So, if you wanna see Benicio Del Toro become a nightmare to Mexican drug ops personnel, this is the movie.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Sicario (Benicio Del Toro being an awesome hitman)

Post by Catastrophe »

It's a pretty great operator movie. I've watched it probably 3 times and enjoy it every time.

Return to “Movies”