Batman VS Two-Face (Adam West's swan song as 60's Batman)

All them talking pictures
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Batman VS Two-Face (Adam West's swan song as 60's Batman)

Post by TypicalStandUser »

The new DC Animated Series movie out now on the usual webstreaming sites while it'll go on home video next week.

As is public knowledge and/or Family Guy notifying people of a certain Quahog mayor's status, this animated movie is Adam West's last time playing Batman. Fortunately, he already did his voicework for the movie a year ago. Of the original 1960's TV cast, Burt Ward (Dick/Robin) and Julie Newmar (Catwoman) return to reprise their famous roles with Lee Merriwether as someone else.

It's good, however the third act plays much like a part of Arkham Knight's climax with a resolution similar to it, but it's not widespread. And for those expecting the movie to be yet another self-depreciation of the Batman franchise, it took an ironic turn. Kinda disappointed but eh.

Bill Shatner, voicing a Harvey Dent with the looks of Star Trek : TOS' Capt. Kirk, has exceeded my expectations as the coin-tossing supervillain Two-Face. It doesn't top Aaron Eckhart or even Troy Baker, but Shatner's great.

Only two characters from the later editions of the franchise make it here: Hugo Strange and Harleen Quinzel (Not Harley Quinn).

If you want more Batman without Zack Snyder, this may be it. And rest well, Adam West.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.

Return to “Movies”