Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Every Fourze Rider is in the New Live Action Bleach

Post by Kuchiri »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleach_(2018_film)

Fourze is Ichigo
Meteor is Ishida
Nadeshiko is Orihime

I started watching this movie tonight since I've been a big Bleach fan for a long time. It's really neat to see all three working together again.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Every Fourze Rider is in the New Live Action Bleach

Post by takenoko »

I always thought it was weird to cast Nadeshiko as Orihime. How's the movie, is it worth taking a look?
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Kuchiri »

It's an unique look at the Substitute Shinigami arc. Basically it's told in a weird order. Like it starts with the crap that happens to his mom instead of just hilarious scene of him beating up the gang members for disturbing the ghost boy. (don't know why it's a ghost boy in the movie when it is a girl in the anime/manga but it's whatever) Then you get the rest of episode 1. Then the story sort of freezes. Ichigo only fights a couple of times in the movie. They go through his notions of not wanting to be a shinigami for nobility or pride. However the fight with the spider Hollow has a different ending than it does in Episdoe 2. Also the 'duel' with Ishida is completely different. Also the motives behind Renji and Byakuya showing up are different.

The movie knows it can't cram 17 episodes of plot into a 90 minute movie and it doesn't try. They also know that if the movie succeeds they will need to move on, but they don't want to start planting the Aizen seeds. So the reasoning why Byakuya and Renji are there is slightly different than it is in the anime/manga. The movie version of the arc has a different ending. Chad and Orihime start to gain spiritual pressure but they don't get their powers so they skip episodes focusing on the bird Chad protected and Orihime's brother. Which makes since with how much budget probably went into the Hollow Fights. They look really good.

However, every time Ichigo speaks. I heard Fourze and only Fourze. He is practically playing the same exact character. In fact while in the anime/manga he isn't making friends he just has a few people he tolerates until they get closer. In the movie his plot with Rukia is literally trying to become her friend.

If you can separate it from the anime/manga it's a decent movie. It's a movie you might show people who never heard of Bleach to see if they want to learn more about the characters and the story. Then you introduce them to the anime/manga. I'd say it's a solid three stars.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Hmmm, maybe the power of Fourze will be enough to compel me. It's been years since I've read the manga or seen the anime, so maybe it'll be fine for me?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I've never seen a live action adaptation of an anime that's even bothered to try and recreate it faithfully. If you go in with this expectation, its easy enough to enjoy what you get.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Catastrophe wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:24 pm I've never seen a live action adaptation of an anime that's even bothered to try and recreate it faithfully. If you go in with this expectation, its easy enough to enjoy what you get.
Rurouni Kenshin

That said, that's kinda the exception that proves the rule.

Oh, and Sailor Moon.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I have heard that the Kenshin movies are great. I just haven't seen them.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Kuchiri »

I went ahead and watched it again, they added the English dubs to it. They brought back mostly the same cast. Johnny Yong Bosch is Ichigo and so on. While the movie is basically the same. It might be a little harder to watch since a lot of the dubbing isn't perfect. They try to add some extra lines in some bits. It does solve's Ichigo's problem of sounding exactly like Fourze. Then you hear all the making friends shit with JYB's Ichigo's voice. I realize they are trying to tell a similar about different story about the characters. I think I need to see a sequel before I make a solid judgement with the live action Bleach.

Return to “Movies”