Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Agents of Shield

Post by takenoko »

Anyone else following this show?

I'm enjoying the series a lot, but I kind of wish there was a big overarching villain or plot to tie the different episodes together. It's a bit too episodic at the moment for me.

The whole cast is really great. Something I found interesting is that Chloe Bennet was born Chloe Wang and is actually half Chinese. The first time she appeared in the show, I thought she looked Asian, but every point after that she looked white or latina to me, so I thought I just imagined it.

I guess the big thing connecting the episodes now is dropping hints of what happened to Coulsen. So I guess we'll see. The show has a lot of potential that I'd like to see realized.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Re: Agents of Shield

Post by locuas »

i am sure Whedon is going to bring one of marvel's evil organization(hydra maybe? it would be interesting to see if they survived Captain america) before the end of the season. i agree the cast is great, and it is nice to have more coulson. it is kind of amazing to see how a character that was supposed to have a minor role in Iron Man 1 has become one of the most important faces in the marvel cinematic universe.
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

I follow it every Tuesday. Honestly, I think it's great. But I've read alot of comments that people were initially disappointed when it was going to focus on the agents themselves, as opposed to featuring a Marvel character each week. I think people came in with the impression it was going to be something like, "The Avengers - The TV series." But after several episodes, the comments are starting to turn positive.

I actually like all the characters. And it's great to see Ming Na Wen in the spotlight again. Also, there's enough action to keep me interested throughout the hour.

I wouldn't mind cameos and guest appearances by other Marvel characters. But I won't expect it as a tool to carry each episode.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

I've put it on every week, but I've been having a difficult time getting into it. I'd prefer if they actually used stuff from the comics. I don't know if they have the rights to use evil organizations like HYDRA or AIM on this show.

The show comes off too much like Fringe, really, but without the charm.
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

Take - You're not the first to say that. I've seen a couple of comments about the comparison to Fringe. That, and the wooden acting from most of the cast members (they're only praising Clark Gregg and Ming-Na Wen).

But then again, the comments are most likely coming from DC fanboys just wanting to bash anything Marvel.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

My issue with the show so far is how they are trying to create so many plot points so early. Like this recent episode tied into episode one, but had nothing to do with episode two or three.

I would love to see this show last a while, however I'm not quire sure it will unfortunately.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I thought last night's episode did a good job being the next major plot point. It continues some of the loose strings from the first episode, and we had a major character arc for Skye
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Well we still have Graviton from Episode 3 and we have whatever organization that did the whole camera eye thing in Episode 4. Episode 2 really didn't have any open ends.

Nor did Episode 6. However I hope Agent Blake shows up more often. He's apparently going to be in Thor I think.

Return to “TV”