There's never anything good on
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re: Doctor Who / Torchwood

Post by lostinbrave »

Digifiend wrote:Russell T Davies. :)

A first for Doctor Who tonight. Vincent and the Doctor raised the issue of depression and suicide, regarding Vincent Van Gogh, so they put an Action Line phone number and web address up during the end credits!
Honestly the best episode of the new season.
ImageImage
Animetigerlily
7X
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Trip-hop

Post by Animetigerlily »

Spoiler
The doctor is now officially decade, and the source of the world's destruction (Onore doctor!!!!).
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

lol, somebody said the same thing on Rangerboard. Has Steven Moffat been watching subbed toku?
DarkProject
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Quote: Fast like the wind,
Silent like a forest,
Intrusive like the fire,
Immobile like a mountain.
-Takeda Shingen

Post by DarkProject »

Loving the Who lately. Introduced some friends to the show with the Series 5 finale after watching the first episodes. I'm currently working my way through Series 1-4.

For some strange reason, I have stuck in my head that there should be a Kamen Doctor series where he travels through time to battle Kaijin instead of aliens.
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

Azazel wrote:
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/06/07/starz-acquires-torchwood/ wrote:Captain Jack is back — and Starz has him!

The cable net has acquired U.S. television rights to the next installment of Torchwood. The 10-episode cycle is slated to air in summer 2011 on both Starz (in the U.S.) and BBC One (in the UK).

The new episodes will take on more of an international feel. Several new characters are expected to come on board, joining franchise vets John Barrowman and Eve Myles
this can only be good news,

Starz have done an awesome job with Spartacus, will be interesting to see how this all pans out, but at least they arnt remaking it.
Agreed, and apparently the series is filming in LA as well as in Wales, so it will certainly have a different look. Torchwood does need to be set in a bigger city I think, more like Angel but not so hit and miss lol. I mean, LA has lots of dark alleyways and a seedy underbelly, where is an alien going to hide in Cardiff?
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
rolltone
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by rolltone »

The unseen narrator seems to be struggling with memories as he touches upon troops firing into a fleeing crowd and the discovery of a body. Images include a long, lonely road through a menacing forest and a figure waiting in a dark city underpass.
"I was interested in how I could make a piece of work on the impossibilities of forgetting the past," Doherty said.
As the situation in Northern Ireland stabilized in the late 1990s, Doherty was struck that the people still had to deal with the memories.
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

Anybody watch A Christmas Carol on BBC One/BBC America on Christmas Day?
ChristmasTime can be rewritten
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

I did, it was alright, the concept was good, just didnt execute it within time, there was too many things left unexplained, would have been better to extend it slightly to include some of the missing stuff.

just hope they decide to release a DC when it comes to the DVD Blu-Ray release
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
XIII
The Conspiracy

Post by XIII »

Short teaser for the new series due to start Easter weekend
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00fxf06
icecreamhendrix
Secretly a Robot in Disguise
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Liveman
Dreamy: Megumi Asou
Favorite Band: The Jimi Hendrix Exp
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Transformers
Quote: There's no time to waste! I must summon the Justice League to an emergency meeting! It may well take our combined powers to battle the awesome menace of Starro and its starfish-deputies! - Aquaman
Location: What's the point of this, everyone else just writes something snarky

Post by icecreamhendrix »

The Impossible Astronaut aired last night at 8. But of course, it starts raining at 8:30 and my satellite cuts out right when they get to the oval office. Luckily, it stopped by the time the 11:00 rerun aired.

Spoiler
It was an okay episode. The Silence don't really impress me as villains, the cliffhanger was pretty badly handled, and River Song's whole "The last time I meet him, I think it'll kill me" thing? Steven, you can be dramatic, you can be a smartass, you can't be both at the same time. Still, the Doctor's death was pretty well handled, and I really liked it up until they went to Florida. Still, the opening sequence with the Doctor up a girl's dress was incredibly forced.

As for the new opening credits sequence, the theme music is probably one of my favorite remixes of the theme used on the show, but Amy's voiceover seems a bit unnecessary, like it belonged on a different TV show.

I also have the strangest feeling that the next episode is going to take us to Roswell.
nini5
Gao
Favorite series: kamen rider
2nd Favorite Series: super sentai
Dreamy: marvelous
Favorite Actor?: too many to tell
Favorite Band: depends on the song
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: internet
Quote: I may not know what I want,but I know what I don't want!

Post by nini5 »

Fan here.I also have watched Sara Jane's adventures.
mynightmarestays
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen RIder Kabuto
Favorite Actor?: Seto Koji
Favorite Band: Tokio Hotel
My boom: Super Sentai
Quote: "Tha'ts right...Until we seize our dreams, we're going to keep pushing onward!"- Captain Marvelous aka Gokai Red, Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger

Post by mynightmarestays »

Digifiend wrote:lol, somebody said the same thing on Rangerboard. Has Steven Moffat been watching subbed toku?
Would you believe that the Doctor is consider to be Toku to a degree? I'm trying to see how
XIII
The Conspiracy

Post by XIII »

Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

mynightmarestays wrote:
Digifiend wrote:lol, somebody said the same thing on Rangerboard. Has Steven Moffat been watching subbed toku?
Would you believe that the Doctor is consider to be Toku to a degree? I'm trying to see how
Tokusatsu means special effects. Who contains plenty of that!

There's a new Tardis interior (the old one was bolted down and couldn't be taken with them when they moved studios, so someone seriously goofed) and OP sequence, in addition to the new companion.

Return to “TV”