Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Doctor Who / Torchwood

Post by XIII »

Master is coming back for a couple of specials

So i would guess they would be the Christmas Special and New Years Special
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

A bit late, but i saw Planet of the dead.

It was good, as expected:
-The whole thing about the Giant Metal ray's turning everything to sand and then flying around the planet faster and faster to make a Wormhole was genius.
-Lee Evans was great as the Comic Relief.
-Flying Bus!
-Michelle Ryan was great as the Thief Lady.

And an ominous foreshadowing for the 2009 Christmas specials, "Your Song will soon end, He is coming back".

They also showed a "very somber" teaser for the X-mas special at the Comic Con Who Panel, Narrated by Timothy Dalton:

""It is said that in the final days of planet Earth, everyone had bad dreams".

The End of Time
Christmas 2009.

It showed a brief image of the Master, now with blonde hair.
Last edited by Deka_Hero on Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XIII
The Conspiracy

Post by XIII »

erm, theres a special in november, the 2nd of 4 specials, i think it would be around Children In Need day
Deka_Hero
Humongous

Post by Deka_Hero »

^yeah, "Waters of Mars".

plus, check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpxK_P2-OVM
And the fangirls squealed..................
Deka_Hero
Humongous

Post by Deka_Hero »

The Guinness people recently Awarded Doctor Who with the world record for "the most successful Science Fiction television series in history", beating out the likes of Star Trek, Stargate SG-1 and Battlestar Galactica.

As an aside, in case you have not been following all the latest Who news, this is the Eleventh Doctors companion, Lily Pond:
Spoiler
KamenRiderKnives
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Amazon
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Natsumi Hikari
Favorite Actor?: Takanori Kikuchi
Favorite Band: Jonzun Crew
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: pantsu

Post by KamenRiderKnives »

Deka_Hero wrote: As an aside, in case you have not been following all the latest Who news, this is the Eleventh Doctors companion, Lily Pond:
Spoiler
[ Image ]
Amy Pond - played by Karen Gillen
XIII
The Conspiracy

Post by XIII »

The latest trailer (well not quite, but close enough) for The Waters of Mars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClNAiVhcIMA

Expected air date 14th November, with the Children In Need Special to air 20th November (this is the short 5 minute clip that airs as a build up for the Christmas day special)

Special 3 will air Christmas Day
Special 4 is expected to air New Years Day

Also they have revealed the new logo for Doctor Who for 2010,

Edit: More good news, as if an extended trailer and air date wasnt enough,

This time, the awesome news is about Torchwood, yes that little spin off show

It is near enough confirmed that Series 4 will get the green light
This year’s five day event, “Torchwood: Children of Earth” was such a monumental success that I was left speechless when it seemed the future of the franchise was uncertain. At the time, John Barrowman (Jack Harkness), Eve Myles (Gwen Cooper) and even Torchwood creator Russell T. Davies seemed clueless as to whether or not the BBC would commission a fourth series of the show.

But finally Torchwood fans and WHOvians alike can breath a sigh of relief – as it seems that Torchwood Season 4 may finally be confirmed! Russell T. Davies broke the news exclusively to Torchwood Magazine, saying:

“I could write you scene one of series four right now. I know exactly how to pick it up. I’ve got a shape in mind, and I’ve got stories. I know where you’d find Gwen and Rhys, and their baby, and Jack, and I know how you’d go forward with a new form of Torchwood.”

While Davies is still uncertain what shape the series will take – another mini series or a full on 13-episode season, he seems very confident indeed that he knows which direction Torchwood will take. It’s his final sentence from that quote that stands out – “A new form of Torchwood,” I’d say we’re looking at a brand new team!

Of course it’d be difficult to carry on without a new team, the deaths of Owen and Tosh in season 2, and the controversial death of Ianto in Children of Earth has left the Torchwood agents a little thin on the ground!

**UPDATE** Russell T. Davies also gave strong indication at this year’s Comic Con that Torchwood would return for a fourth season, based on the success of Children of Earth. Dark Horizons attended the panel back in July:

Asked about a fourth season of “Torchwood”, Davies wouldn’t confirm any specifics but indicated the success of ‘Children of Earth’ means its a certainty and he sounded excited to be involved. Fans though hoping for the return of some previously deceased cast members should not hold out hope.

I thought I’d throw that one in for the naysayers, make no mistake, Torchwood is far too big a property for the BBC to let slide – season four will be made, and we won’t be waiting too long either!
http://www.filmshaft.com/torchwood-seas ... irmed-276/
Deka_Hero
Humongous

Post by Deka_Hero »

Well that good news on the Torchwood front.
I really liked Children of Earth and i'm glad a $th series is gonna get made (li like it to be a full one but another mini-series would be ok as well).

I just wonder how Davies would work Jack in, he did leave earth vowing never to return. Unless Gwen goes after him in some spaceship or something.......

As for the new Who Series next year...........i'm not quite sure if i will like it.
it seems like it will be going in a whole new direction with the youngest Doctor to date (mind you, the fans bitched that Tennent was too young when he was cast). But i should reserve judgement until we actually see anything of the 11th Doctor.
KamenRiderKnives
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Amazon
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Natsumi Hikari
Favorite Actor?: Takanori Kikuchi
Favorite Band: Jonzun Crew
My boom: pantsu

Post by KamenRiderKnives »

Deka_Hero wrote:I just wonder how Davies would work Jack in, he did leave earth vowing never to return. Unless Gwen goes after him in some spaceship or something.......

seeing as how Jack is immortal (more or less) and often has access to time travel technology i wouldnt rule out a future Jack or even one of the past Jacks (there were after all at least 2 or 3 different versions of him) turning up. He might even be convinced to return by the 11th Doctor. eugh....i hope he dosnt kiss him as well :lol:

oh and dont forget the animated story Who "Dreamland" available from the officail website in 7 parts during Autumn (sometime)
XIII
The Conspiracy

Post by XIII »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8334298.stm wrote:David Tennant said he had to keep a "stiff upper lip" while filming his final scenes for Doctor Who.

"It was very emotional saying cheerio," Tennant said after a screening of latest adventure The Waters of Mars, to be shown on BBC One on 15 November.

"There's lots of scenes in the final episode that are very sad, and were very sad to play."
wooooo
XIII
The Conspiracy

Post by XIII »

tv-guide.co.uk wrote:Russell T. Davies has confirmed that a fourth series of Torchwood is in the works.

Speaking to TV Guide Magazine, the show's creator revealed that he is hoping to get started on the new run in January 2010.

"The recession has hit British television, but fingers crossed, it will be a go," he stated. "We expect things to start to move in January.

"We've got great ideas for the show. I think there's a further lease on life for many years to come, but certainly for a [fourth season]."

Davies previously said of a possible fourth series: "I could write you scene one of series four right now. I know exactly how to pick it up.

"I've got a shape in mind, and I've got stories. I know where you'd find Gwen and Rhys, and their baby, and Jack, and I know how you'd go forward with a new form of Torchwood."

Torchwood: Children Of Earth ended its run on BBC One with a respectable 5.81 million viewers in July this year.
BBC CiN Schedule wrote:8pm The Hollyoaks cast treats fans to a medley of Queen renditions, there is a preview of the Doctor Who Christmas episode and a performance by pop sensation Taylor Swift.
Saw Waters of Mars, and it was awesome, the story line well thought out, well acted and well executed,

The Doctor has gone made,

Dont want to give to much away for the people that havent seen it yet, but dam

Also, trailer for End of Time looks mint
Triple M
Destron Emperor
Favorite series: Destron
2nd Favorite Series: Destron
Dreamy: Destron
Favorite Actor?: Destron
Favorite Band: Destron
My boom: Destron
Quote: *HAIL DESTRON*
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Triple M »

knock knock knock knock
Ruecian
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Favorite Actor?: Sean Connery

Post by Ruecian »

Saw Waters of Mars, and it was awesome, the story line well thought out, well acted and well executed,

The Doctor has gone made,

Dont want to give to much away for the people that havent seen it yet, but dam

Also, trailer for End of Time looks mint

At this point I'm wondering if his regeneration will be a forced one to prevent him from becoming the Valeyard.
XIII
The Conspiracy

Post by XIII »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ognTxUrTeHs

The CiN special, acts as a special lead in to the next episode to be broadcast on christmas day
XIII
The Conspiracy

Post by XIII »

The dates have been confirmed by BBC for the final two episodes,
digitalspy wrote:David Tennant's final two episodes of Doctor Who will air on Christmas Day and New Year's Day, the BBC has confirmed.

Provisional schedules for the Christmas period will see 'The End Of Time, Part One' air from 7.30pm to 8.30pm on BBC One on Christmas Day.

'The End Of Time, Part Two', in which Tennant's Doctor will regenerate into a new incarnation played by Matt Smith, will air on New Year's Day. The hour-long episode will go out at 7.30pm

Return to “TV”