My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 03

Post by takenoko »

Video is so dark. I have to turn off my bedroom lights

Awww, Jaimie is literally fighting by Brienne's side

Aww, one of the doggies is still alive

Aww, Danny and Jon can't even look at each other. Timing, Jon. I mean, yeah, you think you're going to die, but she doesn't need to know that beforehand

Fire! aaaaaaagh

Sam... You led Edd save you and then get killed and you run away? I mean, that's probably sensible, but still...

I'm tactician, but why not lead with Danny's dragons? Might have saved that first round of guys

More fire! Yay! Oh so comforting

Ugh, Sansa. I dunno if I agree with that sentiment that everyone in the crypt is useless

I dunno if I'd forgive Theon that easily, Bran, but he has made steps to atoning for his sins.

Ooh, Arya's weapon isn't a spear, it's a glaive.

Oh Lyanna...

To what ends does this Arya stealth moment serve? Kind of don't like that we don't know where she's going

Oh man, the crypt... Y eah... that wasn't thought out

Damn it Danny, why didn't you take off. Hahaha, Jorah to the rescue! So Jorah's still alive and Lyanna was one of the first to fall. Of course

There's no way those grove archers survived that long with such few people

What is this weird Sansa/Tyrion moment. You guys have weapons go out there

Ice dragon is still alive? dang it

Wow Theon badass

Hahaha, yes. Arya. Yes.

Ah, so much prolonged tension. Sad for Lyanna and Jorah dying, since I very much liked those guys. Even Theon. I feel bad that one guy doesn't get to kill the red woman himself. Surprisingly, feels like Jon doesn't get any epic moments in this one. And do we see Sansa or Tyrion do anything to fight off the dead in the crypt? It feels like a weird oversight for characters in this world.

It's a real dark episode both metaphorically and actually, so moments when there are fire and light are comforting on a base instinct level.

Edit: Oh crap, was Lyanna the last one of her house. With Jorah gone too, rip House Mormont.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 03

Post by Catastrophe »

I thought this episode was a bit of a disappointment to be honest. The fact it was shot in the dark makes everything difficult to see and the tactics that were employed were kind of stupid.

My biggest complaint is for a battle of this size and magnitude, very few important characters die. Edd, Lyanna and Beric were bit players and Jorah and Theon where the only long running characters that ended up dying. Jorahs was the worst because there was absolutely no reason Daenerys could not have immediately taken off after rescuing Jon. She just sat around like an idiot. Following from that, very few of the main characters get much focus this episode and lot of it is spent watching Jon and Daenerys fuck about flying in the mist on their dragons.

Ayra managing to blow past all those wights and White Walkers to get to the Night King was BS as well. She had enough trouble stealthing through the library.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 03

Post by takenoko »

https://gizmodo.com/a-theory-about-why- ... 1509471006

Agree with a bunch of those points. Although I'll give Arya super ninja powers for taking the crown in badassery. She came from above!

Return to “TV”