2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Natsumi Hikari
Favorite Actor?: Takanori Kikuchi
Favorite Band: Jonzun Crew
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: pantsu

Re: Dollhouse any one?

Post by KamenRiderKnives »

hurray ! im glad youve conceded that episode 7 had holes ! i think we have almost stopped arguing :P
dont you find it boring talking to someone about a show where you both just go about how great it was? i find i appreciate shows more when i know what parts other people like or dont like, we shouldnt really be having an arguement about a show we both watch and like. :roll:
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

KamenRiderKnives wrote:hurray ! im glad youve conceded that episode 7 had holes !
I think you'll find most shows/movies have quite a few holes, we just tend to gloss over them. Lost, for instance, shouldn't have gone on more than 3 episodes at most. There are so many failsafes on planes it's ridiculous. There would be a beacon, a signal flare, and someone would have definitely figured out that judging from the last tower the pilot spoke to and the flight path they were taking, the survivors would be on that island. Even if there weren't any survivors, they would have had to find the plane. Also: take a map of the world and throw a thumbtack at the route you think a plane would have to take from LA to Sydney. More likely than not, it will land in water. It's a little too convenient that they managed to land on an island.

Do people generally point this out when watching the show? No, because you have to suspend your disbelief and allow the director his own artistic interpretation, or else you'll end up a jaded cynic like me.
KamenRiderKnives wrote:i find i appreciate shows more when i know what parts other people like or dont like, we shouldnt really be having an arguement about a show we both watch and like. :roll:
I'm having trouble understanding why you listen to other people's opinions to help form your own. I have a hard enough time forming opinions of my own without hearing someone else tell me what to think.

Then tell me, what did you find good about Dollhouse? What do you think could be better? Constructive criticism makes your opinions much better voiced than simply saying you didn't like the casting.

For example: I think that while the idea of a Dollhouse where people can literally fulfill your dreams is a fascinating premise, and certainly one that hasn't been used before. The mind-wiping technology creates people who are better than actors, since they actually believe that they are who they are programmed to be. It reminds me of similar stories with robots programmed to take people's places, only in this case, the fact that they're human gives the show a much darker aspect. However, the fact that the protagonist changes personalities each episode while remaining a moving vegetable between jobs makes her hard to identify with. It's very hard to like a character that will pull a complete 180 every new time you see her. I think Echo slowly becoming self-aware helps ease that a little, yet brings up more questions about why out of all the Dolls, it's just her and Alpha that are special.

Also, it begs the question, after she does remember her past, where do you go from there? Do they re-wipe her and put her back in? Does she continue as a doll for the hell of it? I can't really see them stretching out her remembering for more than two seasons before it would become unbelievable.

Many a good show has been ruined because the writers didn't know when to quit. Heroes, for example, had a fantastic first season, but spent a lot of buildup on the second season only to remove the main villain in one quick scene and boil down the final buildup to "Will he catch the vial?" which left quite a lot to be desired. I do partially blame the writer's strike, but really, the story was mostly finalized, they just had to condense it a lot.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I officially declare Knives gay. You can't be a man and not find Sarah Michelle Gellar and/or Eliza Dushku good looking.

Also I like Eliza's acting. She does pretty damn good. Though really I prefer Tru Calling over DollHouse, but hey.

Also, quit double posting. We have an "edit" button at the bottom of your post for you to add comments if you were the last poster. Thanks.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
KamenRiderKnives
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Amazon

Saejima Kouga wrote:I officially declare Knives gay. You can't be a man and not find Sarah Michelle Gellar and/or Eliza Dushku good looking.
lol, sorry to dissapoint but no thanks :oops:
i ilke the ladies, Summer Glau from Terminator being a current fave. i just dont like (what i consider) generic looking blondes
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Summer Glau isn't better looking than the two you've been ragging on.

And at anyrate, stop spamming the thread with your hate for them. This is about the show DollHouse, not KamenRiderKnives hates women.
KamenRiderKnives
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Amazon

Saejima Kouga wrote:Summer Glau isn't better looking than the two you've been ragging on.

And at anyrate, stop spamming the thread with your hate for them. This is about the show DollHouse, not KamenRiderKnives hates women.
that my friend is a matter of OPINION :lol:

id take take Glau over Dushku and Geller together! in my opinion brown hairs beats blonde any day, but hey that leaves all the blondes for you right?

and i know its about Dollhouse, you digressed from the subject when you started questioning my sexuality :lol:
i dont hate women just Eliza Dushku, i think Adelle DeWitt is the sexiest woman in it follwed by Ivy, Tophers assistant. geez if everyone just fancied the same type of women the world would be a boring place ! get a clue
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

KamenRiderKnives wrote:id take take Glau over Dushku and Geller together! in my opinion brown hairs beats blonde any day, but hey that leaves all the blondes for you right?
...Dushku is a brunette.
KamenRiderKnives wrote:i dont hate women just Eliza Dushku, i think Adelle DeWitt is the sexiest woman in it follwed by Ivy, Tophers assistant. geez if everyone just fancied the same type of women the world would be a boring place ! get a clue
The past three pages you've been complaining the main characters aren't hot enough for you, yet now you pull this complete 180? Way to make the point I've been practically shouting in your face.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I'm tired of this. Thread locked. Arguing done. Don't start up anymore.

GARO Mandated.

Return to “TV”