Any good Japanese shows on air (in Japan) currently?

There's never anything good on
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Any good Japanese shows on air (in Japan) currently?

Post by zeta_gundam »

So I was wondering, are there any good Japanese shows on air currently?

Any good toku (besides Decade, Shinken, Rescue Fire etc), live action shows, anime that you guys out there are watching that are of any interest now? Or maybe Japanese variety shows? Mature themed shows?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Any good Japanese shows on air (in Japan) currently?

Post by Lunagel »

I'm rather fond of Atashinchi no Danshi right now.
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Just went to wiki your suggestion. Looks kinda nice. Thanks!
Susan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Susan »

The drama Mr. Brain just started and is friggin' AWESOME. Funny and a great main cast (Though Mizushima Hiro totally fails. :lol:) as well as an all-star line up of guest stars in each episode. I'm really liking the drama Shiroi Haru as well, but it took a few episodes for it to get interesting.

I'm also watching Atashinchi no Danshi and it is really enjoyable, especially with 3 brothers our of 6 being played by ex-Kamen Riders. Downside is that it can be really dumb (still fun) and random sometimes. Does that stop me from watching and enjoying it? Hell no. :lol:

If you're willing to figuratively jump over the pond, there's a great South Korean drama worth checking out that just finished airing, called Story of A Man/The Slingshot. It's an intense adult drama but has some nice comedy as well. 20, hour-long episodes might intimidate you, though.
yumenotenshi07
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Dreamy: Yaguruma Sou
Favorite Actor?: Sato Tomohito
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by yumenotenshi07 »

Atashinchi no Danshi is about all I have time to keep up with right now. But The Quiz Show 2 is also awesome if you get a chance. I've only been able to watch up to episode three, but it's pretty cool. I'm not sure if it's actually still airing or if it finished, though....

And I watched the first ep of Mr. Brain RAW, so I haven't really decided how I feel about that show. XD I'll get back to you once I watch it with subs and get a feel of what the heck was going on.

Susan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Susan »

The Quiz Show 2 is not quite finished airing in Japan, but it ends in the next week or two. I'm not sure either. Still being subbed, though.

Mr. Brain is totally worth watching with subs. It's so funny. Kimura Takuya is a complete and total dork - a charismatic, handsome dork - and Ayase Haruka is adorable opposite him. :lol: Though, as I mentioned, Mizushima Hiro kinda fails in his role as a bumbling, rookie detective.

What's really been impressing me about the series is the all-star line up of guests actors and actresses. Episode 1 had a brief appearance by Hirosue Ryoko (I hope she appears again!) and also featured Takashima Masanobu. Episode 2 featured GACKT as a cannibal (So creepy and awesome!). Episode 3 had Kamenashi Kazuya (of KAT-TUN) and Aibu Saki.

Mr. Brain episode four will feature Sato Takeru!! Yes, Kabuto and Den-O meet again! :lol:

Nakama Yukie (of Trick fame) will be guest-starring in episode 5. :D
Aoiblue
Everything is drama!
Favorite series: Trick
Dreamy: Haga Yuria
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gransazer

Post by Aoiblue »

Currently? There are a few.
How about some ones that have already aired?
I got a list if you would like?

Return to “TV”