Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Glee

Post by takenoko »

Anyone else following this show? Pretty fantastic stuff

But what's with all that singing and stuff? People don't break out into song in real life
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Glee

Post by Gunzy »

I been on Glee since they showed the preview after last season So You Think You Can Dance.

That's what a glee club does I think, so breaking out in song should seem so weird in this show but meh. I mean I break out in song sometime but I tend to stop myself from doing so depending on who I am surrounded by.
ImageImage
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I was actually making fun of people who say things like that rather than lodging a legitimate complaint. The whole thing is about singing, it doesn't make sense to complain about that aspect. Thanks for taking the bait!
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by lostinbrave »

Gunzy wrote:I been on Glee since they showed the preview after last season So You Think You Can Dance.

That's what a glee club does I think, so breaking out in song should seem so weird in this show but meh. I mean I break out in song sometime but I tend to stop myself from doing so depending on who I am surrounded by.
I do that a lot in my head, actually Monday I broke out into Climax Jump during my first chemistry test(which I aced incedentaly), but I thought it was in my head and I was just mouthing the words. Needless to say everyone thought I was a dork. the te4acher was nice though, and since I wasn't trying to talk about the test let me continue.
ImageImage
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I've been wanting to check this show out but I keep forgetting. Anything with Jane Lynch always sparks my interest.

Most of the critics commented about the musical numbers because, unlike productions like High School Musical, the song and dance routines are integrated into the plot.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I like Jane Lynch in her therapist role in Two and a Half Men

I like the fact that it's a story about high school, but the adult teachers also have their own sub stories that are important to the plot. In some ways, their childish bickering is as bad as the teenagers.

Episode 4 spoilers
Spoiler
I accidentally skipped 3, oops!

But I like the way the cheerleader starts off as the antagonist for the main female, only to become a sympathetic character in this one

I honestly didn't know the gay guy was male until this episode

It's kind of interesting how the main female lead doesn't appear to the star, the way the promos portray this show. I wonder if her being passed over in this episode is a metaphor for that

I feel like the jerk friend who impregnated the cheerleader will get a back story in an upcoming episode
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by lostinbrave »

I really enjoyed last nights glee, by the way it is up on hulu.
Just so I don't spoil I will be rather vague. It had one of my favorite performers as a guest star, it had a great closing number, great build up and amazing let down.

I can't wait for after they have gotten through most of the back stories, and really get the show going.
ImageImage
riderkicker
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Jetman
2nd Favorite Series: BLACK
Dreamy: Hikawa
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa
Favorite Band: FoC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: King! Ha!

Post by riderkicker »

I guess I should start watching since Chenoweth is in the cast. Oh Pushing Daisies how I miss you.
And at that Albie cried a single tear which turned into a jelly bean all the colors of the rainbow! And
suddenly...Albie wasn't racist anymore!!!
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games

Post by Gunzy »

riderkicker wrote:I guess I should start watching since Chenoweth is in the cast. Oh Pushing Daisies how I miss you.
Chenoweth was just a guest star yo. But you should still watch it.
ImageImage
Damage
Favorite series: Blade/GARO/Shi15uya
2nd Favorite Series: W/Den-O/Cutie Honey
Dreamy: Mikie Hara!
Favorite Actor?: Edward Norton
Favorite Band: Oasis
My boom: F/S N, Glee, LOGH
Quote: “I had a Gundam once. He was magnificent.”
- Oscar Wilde

Post by Damage »

Glee is definitely one of my favorite shows on TV right now, surpassed only by Sons of Anarchy on FX. Even with all the singing, the show is definitely very charming and it still maintains some form of realism to it. The characters are all very well done, you're not going to love every one though.

To be honest, as an aspiring teacher I love the character Will and how he is still becoming a better educator as time goes on. It gives me a lot of hope actually. Then again I'm kind of an optimist :D
Arigomi
Save the life

Post by Arigomi »

I finally got caught up on the show and I'm impressed. For once, the teenage characters are acting like teenagers. Too many writers are out of touch with how teenagers act by making them too mature or worldly. I'm surprised that none of the characters are free of questionable actions. Even though Will Schuster is painted as a likable character, he secret desire to live vicariously through his students drives him to make decisions that are on very shaky moral ground.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas

Post by Alessar »

Yeah Will and his wife Terri are like the scary worst case scenario parallel to Finn & Quinn, with a little bundle the only difference between the couples. When Terri was ripping into Finn and going on about how she was head cheerleader, 4.0 grade average, and the most popular girl in school back in the day, I got chills. I love that actress, but I (enjoy) hating her character.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I really enjoy the villains in this series. Jane Lynch and Terri are great at making you hate them. It's kind of funny to root for Will and Emma, even though they're both in relationships already. They're just a lot more compatible.

Feel bad for Ken though, since Emma is kind of just using him

Episode 6 spoilers
Spoiler
I really don't understand why she agreed to marry him, especially with those terms. So they're basically going to be married in name only? It sucks for Ken, since even though he's just a minor character, his feelings seem genuinely true for Emma, for whatever reason

Episode 5 was fun, but it didn't really move the story forward the way episode 6 did. Jane Lynch is the new co-head of Glee, dun dun dun! Another weird thing I noticed about this episode is the passage of time. So Quinn is 2 month's pregnant already? So two months has passed between episode 4 and 6

Liked the moment between Quinn and Rachel. Quinn is pretty unapologetic about who she is/was and Rachel gets to show a more sympathetic side. It was nice

Kind of tempted to get the soundtrack off Amazon, but I wonder about the quality of the MP3, plus I don't know which one would have the best collection. Seems like there's a lot of singles
Arigomi
Save the life

Post by Arigomi »

I like Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch) because she is more than an outrageous villian. Despite her twisted take on life, she has a lot of qualities that the teens would like to have. She is smart, confident, and successful. Sue knows exactly what she wants and has the courage to go after it. It is easy to dismiss her as just being unlikable but you have to admit that she does make valid points every now and then.

Spoiler
The journal entry was such a great moment.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It is indeed subtle
"So I'm about to turn 30"