XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Red Dwarf X

Post by XIII »

Say what now would be your response would it not.

But it has all but been confirmed to return in late 2010
After the success of "Back to Earth" (Well.. people other than me liked it!) Robert Llewellyn confirmed today that Red Dwarf will be back sometime at the end of 2010.

He said in his twitter stream:
"Series 10 of Red Dwarf announcement just been made at DJ 09. To clarify the scripts have been commissioned, wont be filming til 2010" http://twitter.com/bobbyllew/status/4759566568
A new series of Red Dwarf has been commissioned, its star Robert Llewellyn has confirmed.

The actor, who plays robot Kryten, said that the announcement was made at the Dimension Jump fan convention in Birmingham today.

The news follows the success of the Back To Earth revival for digital channel Dave in April – ten years after the eighth series aired. The show attracted three million viewers to the digital channel, although it won few plaudits from critics.

Scripts have been ordered for the new series, and filming is expected to begin next year.

Stuart Snaith, head of DVD firm 2 Entertain, first let the cat out of the bag at the Broadcast TV Comedy Forum last month, saying that the show had been ‘recommissioned as a series next year’.

But he later backtracked, saying: ‘There is no confirmed new series of Red Dwarf, just some talk of the possibility.’

However, Llewellyn today confirmed the news on his Twitter page, posting the message: ‘Series 10 of Red Dwarf announcement just been made at DJ 09. To clarify the scripts have been commissioned, wont be filming til 2010.’

However, it’s not yet known whether the new series will be aired on BBC Two, as the originals were, or Dave.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2009/10/1 ... return?rss
The good news keeps coming these days, I will be looking forward to these as I did enjoy Red Dwarf XI Back to Earth,
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Red Dwarf X

Post by XIII »

looks like Red Dwarf will be returning for an other series on "Dave" in the UK next year...

Personally I'm in 2 minds about this. I Loved the early seasons, with a passion, and it was some of the best comedy the UK ever produced.. But the "Back to Earth" Special was Terrible!! I hope Doug captures his old magic and brings "The boys from the small rouge one" back to form for 2011

*Note*
I reported this back in October (https://eztv.it/tvnews/4452/red-dwarf-is-back-in-2010/) that the idea for a new series was in the works but it looks like scripts are just started being tidied up for filming...

According to tweets from Robert Llewellyn:
He posted the following on Saturday (5th June):

Okay okay. All I know is we weren't meant to say anything yet, but Craigy got an exclusive in. I know virtually nothing, truly

All I know is that we are being sounded out for availability for next January to record series 10. The 2 series thing is news to me.

I have not read any scripts, or even heard from Doug if he has finished writing them. I know Dave are V excited about a new series etc etc.

He then updated today (7th June):

Quick Red Dwarf update. I know 99% of nothing, but it does seem very possible we will make a new series (6 episodes) in 2011

It will be with original cast, hopefully recorded in front of audience but don't know any of that yet.

The new series is indeed for Dave. Won't be on until later next year. And yes, I do have to do the rubber thing again. Doh!
Found this, more good news, just hope its a killer series
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Red Dwarf X

Post by takenoko »

I've been waiting over ten years for this moment. I was once a young man! I was once a young man!

Return to “TV”