There's never anything good on
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Smallville

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Discuss Smallville tv series.

Tonight on Smallville:
Lois: Chloe remember when I kicked you out of my club house for spilling a soda and you said you'd build a better one? You win.

Spoiler
So we get to see what happened while Lois was in the future. Zod wasted no time in dominating the Earth. Funny that LexCorp is the HQ. Imagine that.

Also, no Smallville til Jan 22?!?!?!? WHY!?!?!?
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Darkster
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
Favorite Actor?: Jackie Chan
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: takoyaki
Quote: Because Takumi is Takumi.

Re: Smallville

Post by Darkster »

Kickass! Why didn't I find this thread before? Smallville is a great show. Did you watch the Season Finale? That was absolutely the best one yet! Sorry if the first word is inappropriate for the forums. I can't really wait for next season. It just keeps getting better.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I watched it. It was good but felt a tad rushed IMO.
Darkster
Kamen Knight

Post by Darkster »

Saejima Kouga wrote:I watched it. It was good but felt a tad rushed IMO.
I felt so too. It was especially evident in the last five minutes when
Spoiler
the Kandorians were about to gang up on Clark.
I wonder what the Season Premier for the next one is going to be like. Clark will probably
Spoiler
just take out the knife or John Jones is just going to catch him.
They always go for a quick fix and make a new arc that's separate from the last one. Not that I'm complaining. It seems to work. I almost forgot. It's nice to meet you.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight

Post by Saejima Kouga »

You're probably right.

I was kinda frustrated that Lois is only then realizing who the Blur and Clark are...

Did you see the reflection in Clark's eye when he read his mom's note?

Nice to meet you too.
Darkster
Kamen Knight

Post by Darkster »

Saejima Kouga wrote:You're probably right.

I was kinda frustrated that Lois is only then realizing who the Blur and Clark are...

Did you see the reflection in Clark's eye when he read his mom's note?

Nice to meet you too.
I did see the reflection. Trippy, huh? The only thing is though, the producers said they're going for a "no tights, no flights" rule, so he can't do anything close to becoming a full-fledged Superman.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight

Post by Saejima Kouga »

No idea..
Darkster
Kamen Knight

Post by Darkster »

They meant that Clark will not fly like Superman or wear his costume because they want it to look modern. Who do you think will be next season's villain? They've been trying to get Michael Rosenbaum back for Lex Luthor and they also tried to set it up through the script but I think it will be tough to do.
Darkster
Kamen Knight

Post by Darkster »

Season 10 is the confirmed last season. It's kind of sad to know that all those years of Smallville will soon come to an end. The predicted villain for Season 10 is
Spoiler
Darkseid
. It's not confirmed, but I think they have used most of the powerful villains already, so they're down to a few options. What do you think?
EndlessWaltz24
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Hirata Yuka (Mele)
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by EndlessWaltz24 »

Daaaaaang, I stopped watching Smallville after.... season 6 (idk, last thing i remember is clark fighting bizarro for the very first time)? I guess I should pick this up because I really have nothing to watch on TV anymore except for sports and channel USA because I'm waiting on Supernatural :/
Darkster
Kamen Knight

Post by Darkster »

Trust me, if there's any show you would want to catch up on after 3 missed seasons, it's this one. It gets better every year. The last two seasons have made incredible jumps in plot. It's darker than ever and it's truly become an epic series. Clark hardly ever changed, but now there's more development and depth to his character. It's really great stuff. I watched Supernatural from the beginning, but Season 4 was a deal breaker for me. Angels and Demons stuff, with the loss of plot and character replaced by the guys taking off their shirts every two or three episodes is not for me.
Darkster
Kamen Knight

Post by Darkster »

Season 10 arrives! This is going to be epic.

I forgot to add this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC6IoIX0GuE
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

After 10 years, Smallville has reached its conclusion. I can't believe that its finally over! I enjoyed it and also was disappointed in it too. This whole show was about Clark Kent and his journey to becoming the superhero we know him to be today. As much as I wanted to see Clark Kent in the full Superman suit, I am asking for too much. What they gave us in the finale which was CGI shots of Superman instead, I can live with it. We got the flight, the "tights", and Superman before the show ended so I'm happy with that.

I'm glad that most of the cast members from the past all returned except for Lana. Her character has a lot of haters though but I feel that she didn't have to be in this episode. Feels kinda out of place anyways. So Aaron Ashmore get's to play the fake Jimmy and the real Jimmy? I guess that works. Glad to have him back for that cameo appearance. I did like Johnathan Kent's appearance here though. He was basically a spirit and his presence felt powerful. To have him hand Clark the suit was fitting as well.

Having Lex Luthor back was awesome. He only appeared in a few scenes and its like he didn't miss a beat after being gone since Season 7. The bald cap looks great on him and sometimes it doesn't even look weird at certain angles. For him to kill Tess and "saving" her was shocking but it fits into the character of Lex. He always believes that he is doing the right thing when he is not. That last shot of the Luthorcorp sign was great too.

I'm glad the alternate universe Lionel Luthor was used here too. The evil version of him is a great character and the way how he was trying to use Tess was evil. He made me kinda hate him and that's a good thing. When Darkseid took over him, Lionel looked wicked.

The bad things about this finale was the use of Darkseid and his minions. I'm sad that Granny Goddess and the other villains were destroyed with arrows from the Green Arrow. I thought that was weak and would've loved to see some certain kind of battle. But I'm sure budget restrictions played a role in that. I also think Darkseid wasn't utitlized that well either. The only power he seems to have is use people's dark side and takes over them. I'm sure he's more than that in the comics but the way the show used him, I wanted more. Another thing I didn't like was the wedding storyline that took up the whole first hour. It ended up not happening either which was a waste of time. They could've used that for other things but what's done is done.

In all, the 10 year ride of Smallville was fun and I loved it. It went through it's downsides and its upsides. I would say that it had more upsides to me. To hear the John Williams song was just icing in the cake in the end. I will miss this show and I wonder what show will the CW create next.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I was expecting more, but I have to fess that I teared up with the family moments and Clark walking Lois down the aisle.

I can't believe this thread hasn't been used in a year. o_o;

Return to “TV”