2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Deka's Jasmine
Favorite Actor?: Den-O piano man
Favorite Band: Back-On
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Decade's henshins

Re: Terminator TV series The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Post by MacGyver572 »

A lot of people seem to think that Season 3 hinges on how well Salvation does in order to restore everyone's faith/interest in the whole Terminator franchise... everyone go see it!!! even if Christian Bale may or may not mess up.... please don't..
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

Well, it the show was good enough to get to finish its season (FoX only Ordered 11 episode's to start, but they scored well enough to order the second half of season two be made), Odd's are it will have a 3rd season.

Salvation and SCC are two separate things Story wise, but from a Franchise standpoint, if Salvation Bomb's, interest in the series from the Network and the public may wain and it might not come back.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

From everything I've seen, the poor ratings make a third season highly unlikely
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Poor ratings? Source plz
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I just did a google news search for Terminator and read the articles about the last episode airing
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Last episode as in Season 2 being a series finale?
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
BundyFan
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by BundyFan »

Fox initially ordered 13 episodes for season two but at the last minute ordered an additional 9 episodes (which I think partially contributed towards the poorer plots). The ratings were not that great, the the final batch of episodes showed a climb (save the the Friday Watchmen premiered), but it might not be enough (considering the average mid season). As for Terminator Salvation, the problem is, Fox will announce a new fall schedule on May 18th (which the fate of SCC and Dollhouse will then be announced), while the movie comes out on the 21st of May. It's probable we won't get a third season, but yet again, we just may because of the movie (I myself, had reservations about it, but am more excited for it with each trailer). Considering I see more good words for the finale, then bad, there could be a glimmer of hope, here. Don't hold your breath for it, though.
Marsha Glazer: Delia, dead and buried is a condition that doesn't change... kind of like the space between your ears.
KamenRiderKnives
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Amazon
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Natsumi Hikari
Favorite Actor?: Takanori Kikuchi
Favorite Band: Jonzun Crew
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: pantsu

Post by KamenRiderKnives »

with Lost coming to a close (and losing viewers all the way), Battlestar ended, the likely cancallations of Knight Rider, Terminator and Dollhouse and the sorry state of the once great Heroes.... does anyone think the genre bubble has burst???? we have had a LOT of new genre shows in the last 3 or 4 years, there are not many of them left and new ones dont seem to last. fond farewlls to...Invasion, Jericho, the 4400, the Dead Zone, Bionic Woman, Star Gate SG12 and Atlantis, Star Trek Enterprise etc etc etc
BundyFan

Post by BundyFan »

KamenRiderKnives wrote:with Lost coming to a close (and losing viewers all the way), Battlestar ended, the likely cancallations of Knight Rider, Terminator and Dollhouse and the sorry state of the once great Heroes.... does anyone think the genre bubble has burst???? we have had a LOT of new genre shows in the last 3 or 4 years, there are not many of them left and new ones dont seem to last. fond farewlls to...Invasion, Jericho, the 4400, the Dead Zone, Bionic Woman, Star Gate SG12 and Atlantis, Star Trek Enterprise etc etc etc
I have noticed this, someone I speak with has called TV a dying medium, I think they are at least, partially right. In these days of DVR, Tivo, iTunes, online watching etc... there is a following, however it's not all done within the way it is counted. I also blame the further increasement of reality shows (which is named poorly, IMO) for this, and competition all over. I seriously wonder what is happening to the gener as well, only time will tell what sort of future these types of show can have.

--Edit--
I also am of the opinion, that some of the troubles come from studio interference and expectations. When something looks promising, Studios then to have high expectations, and when they are not met, the blame startes getting spread to the storyline being to complex, or not complex enough, etc...
Marsha Glazer: Delia, dead and buried is a condition that doesn't change... kind of like the space between your ears.
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

^ I wouldn't really call it a dying medium (Like Newpapers), i'd call it a Stagnet Medium.
And i place the blame squarely on reality shows.

They require very little money to produce and do not require Actor's or Writers (though some like The hill's and it's ilk fall into the "Scripted Reality" Sub-genre), so Networks love them because they are cost effective, and scores of people tune in because most of the time watching some couple with 12 kid's or a Addict's Intervention is more entertaining that most of the trite on the TV these days.

Two of the most notable casualties are TLC and A&E, both, who once provided Top notch Doc's and Science related content, have Devolved into 24 hour reality show channels (or in A&E's case, a Reality Show and CSI:Miami Channel).

Is scripted drama or comedy dead, No, but they are being suppressed due to not being profitable or popular anymore.
exo_kopaka
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Justirisers
Dreamy: Shizuka
Favorite Actor?: Yuuki Sato

Post by exo_kopaka »

Nooooo!!!!!

TSCC was the only show on television actually worth watching. It didn't need special effects or a "WTF factor" to carry it on. There wasn't a huge massive cast or elaborate sets. For once, I've actually found a television show that actually made me THINK. You'd have to be dense to not appreciate the writing in this show. It's mad philosophical.

Not to mention the many nightmares I got soon after about a rampant AI taking over the human race. *shudders*

And let's not forget its epic musical score!

I thnk the only reason why TSCC is failing is because it's not well marketted/advertised. Hell they stuck it in the 8 o'clock block of Friday.
BundyFan

Post by BundyFan »

Interestingly, expectations are somewhat lower on Friday night, while the Network still finds it failing, the lower expectations would mean lower "keep the show" points.
Ghost23
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ghost23 »

I can understand if the network was thinking of canceling the show, a few of those eps weren't so good. They were more philosophical then sci-fi action. But I do hope they do have a third season, I like to know what happens.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Really? I liked the fact that this show was more than action and pretty boys and girls. It made it seem like the show had a lot more heart that way
KamenRiderKnives
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Amazon
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Natsumi Hikari
Favorite Actor?: Takanori Kikuchi
Favorite Band: Jonzun Crew
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: pantsu

Post by KamenRiderKnives »

yeah ive heard people say its low in action, i dont really think it is, i mean ive never watched an episode which bored me, having said that its hard to explain what actually happens in the show

Return to “TV”