My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Fall 2011 TV shows

Post by takenoko »

9/19/11
Two and a Half Men
Spoiler
Yeah, I admit I watch the show. It was alright. I like the different energy that Ashton Kutcher brings to the show. The world and the characters that inhabit it remain very much the same, but there's something kind of childishly innocent about him. I haven't seen him since the 70s show, so it's weird that he's like this big man now

How I Met Your Mother
Two episodes
Spoiler
Oh, it's so good as always.The writers are such a tease. They really know how to make you want to see more just to see how their crazy plot puzzle comes together into this beautiful hilarious masterpiece. Plus Bob Saget basically going "Oh yeah, we're not even close to the end of my story."
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Re: Fall 2011 TV shows

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

Why the heck is this in the toys category? XD

Theres no shame in liking Two and a Half Men, imo its probably the best comedy on tv that i've ever watched in my life so far. The new season started off better than i was expecting, though
Spoiler
Charlie's funeral was kinda odd cause some of the girlfriends he broke up with mutually on good terms with all of a sudden hate him? Then again i guess Chuck Lorre probably don't give a rats ass cause its a big Fuck you to Charlie Sheen.

Ashton was actually okay, i do love the part where he just looks at Alan when he asks him if he bought a zune.

Do wonder what the hecks gonna happen next though, cause the ratings being so high was only out of morbid curiosity.
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oops, hehe. Thought I posted it in the TV section.

Anyway, I was honestly surprised by how non-venemous the show was to Charlie Sheen overall. It definitely could have been more petty or vindictive. The angry ex's was probably just because it's funnier to have them angry at him. No one's going to remember which ex's broke up on good terms and which didn't.

Anyone watch the two new Big Bang Theories on Thursday?
Spoiler
The first one was okay, just a wrap up to the conflict set up at the end of last season. For a moment it seemed like it'd break into a major plot with Penny leaving at the end... but that didn't happen.

The second one with Leonard and his long distance relationship and Penny with the diseased chair was great. You'd think the scene where Howard and Raj use the kissing machine would have been too long, but they drag it out just enough so that it's super awkward, then do something different and it works again. Plus Penny was really brilliant in this episode. The door gag was pretty awesome, and she even exploited Amy's social vulnerability.
the_imposter
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuranger
Favorite Band: Casting Crowns
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Maths
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by the_imposter »

takenoko wrote:
Spoiler
The first one was okay, just a wrap up to the conflict set up at the end of last season. For a moment it seemed like it'd break into a major plot with Penny leaving at the end... but that didn't happen.

The second one with Leonard and his long distance relationship and Penny with the diseased chair was great. You'd think the scene where Howard and Raj use the kissing machine would have been too long, but they drag it out just enough so that it's super awkward, then do something different and it works again. Plus Penny was really brilliant in this episode. The door gag was pretty awesome, and she even exploited Amy's social vulnerability.
I thought they were quite good and an enjoyable start to the season
Spoiler
It was obvious that the first episode had a distinct purpose, to resolve the conflict from the last episode, but once that was sorted I still enjoyed the second episode I just hope that they don't drag the Priya thing out too long, I'm not really a fan of her as a character and I prefer Bernadette from a story point of view. Hopefully the story telling will diversify out as the season continues but I'm very optimistic about the prospects for this new season.
Insert Witty Quote Here
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

takenoko wrote:9/19/11
Two and a Half Men
Spoiler
Yeah, I admit I watch the show. It was alright. I like the different energy that Ashton Kutcher brings to the show. The world and the characters that inhabit it remain very much the same, but there's something kind of childishly innocent about him. I haven't seen him since the 70s show, so it's weird that he's like this big man now

How I Met Your Mother
Two episodes
Spoiler
Oh, it's so good as always.The writers are such a tease. They really know how to make you want to see more just to see how their crazy plot puzzle comes together into this beautiful hilarious masterpiece. Plus Bob Saget basically going "Oh yeah, we're not even close to the end of my story."
Two and a Half Men
Spoiler
Ashton Kutcher was okay but wasn't acting like a stupid mental guy in the first show? At least Charlie wasn't stupid and dumb... actually if it wasn't for that then Aston wouldn't have gotten laid.

How I Met Your Mother
Spoiler
Okay now they're dragging it when are we going to see Ted's wife?
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

takenoko wrote:Oops, hehe. Thought I posted it in the TV section.

Anyway, I was honestly surprised by how non-venemous the show was to Charlie Sheen overall. It definitely could have been more petty or vindictive. The angry ex's was probably just because it's funnier to have them angry at him. No one's going to remember which ex's broke up on good terms and which didn't.

Spoiler

Spoiler
When they really went for it I started to remember certain old epidoes when they wherea accused of being gay. The whole scene was kind of gay and when Howard started to hold the ''head'' like if it was a real person.

I think if they decide to make those two gay it would ruin the show. Part of the humour those two have is that Howard is a pervert and Raj can't talk to girls because he is to shy. If they just made single character (Raj) then that would be ok but with this scene it felt like both of them are gay.

Dexter

Spoiler
Just seen the new season premier and have to say he just keep on killing. The first episode (so first couple of days) has been really good for him in more then one way. But one might wonder why he still keeps his ''souvenirs'' after getting caught a couple of times.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Is anyone going to watch that premier of Terra Nova where the earth is dying and everyone has to go backwards in time and live in the dinosaur age?
Ruecian
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Favorite Actor?: Sean Connery
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ruecian »

ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM wrote:imo its probably the best comedy on tv that i've ever watched in my life so far.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore..
Last edited by Ruecian on Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

OOOKaiser wrote:Is anyone going to watch that premier of Terra Nova where the earth is dying and everyone has to go backwards in time and live in the dinosaur age?
No, because the HUUUUUUGE paradox that premise implies makes my poor little Doctor Who loving brain explode with NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Return to “TV”