2) Don't ask when things will come out. Things are released when they're finished, no sooner. Asking us to go faster is completely useless. We always do things as fast as reasonable
Badgering the staff will likely get a response of the nature: "go into exile for 2 weeks to learn the nature of patience"
3) Spoil = Bans of various length. It's highly inconsiderate to your fellow board goers. Read this if you don't know what a spoiler is and this
4) Don't talk about raws, post links to raws, ask for raws, or mention how you saw the raw already (no one cares) about shows that we are subbing. Think about where you are, this is a fansub group
5) Don't advertise groups working on the same shows that we are. I mean really, what are you thinking, are you a trouble maker or something?
Clarification: I don't want people talking about other groups on this site because it's never going to be a fair discussion. And to some level it does constitute as spam. There are a lot more neutral places for linking such groups and having discussion of their merits
6) Don't pay for free stuff... dumbass XD Don't sell our stuff for profit either... douchebag
7) Don't hotlink. If you want to link to an image then please put it on your own webspace or imageshack or photobucket
9) There is no rule 8
10) Moderators reserve the right to delete/modify posts and ban posters who they feel are acting inappropriately
11) This is kind of an extension to rule 1. While people are free to make criticisms about staff or projects, it is not okay to be rude, insulting, stupid, or obnoxious. You know, staff will be respectful if you guys are respectful. We are providing a free service, so I won't be tolerating anything that I interpret as abusive, which includes anything that appears passive aggressive, obvious or even less than obvious digs at people, etc.
In short: Write like an adult and learn to phrase things to communicate a point that doesn't make people want to ban you
takenoko wrote:Actually we have a very specific rule against distributing music. While we can justify having fansubs by saying "the video is Japanese, it needs English subs for people to understand" we can't really say the same thing about music. It's not that hard to buy CDs from Japan online either. (And it's insanely trivial to download music from the Internets anyway)
Besides, I want #tv-nihon to be known for its talent. While we can put a little bit of ourselves in our subs, there's no talent in just ripping stuff for CDs or redistributing stuff other people have ripped.