Joosche
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
My boom: High Fantasy

Spring 2013

Post by Joosche »

Anime schedule here: http://www.moetron.com/2013/02/01/sprin ... -schedule/

Any recomendation?

Shingeki no Kyojin, Aku no Hana and Suisei no Gargantia seems promissing.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Re: Spring 2013

Post by locuas »

i think Yamato would be interesting, since there is a movie in the works.

Higurashi is.........okay, if you don't know, people die in that story. it is horror. as in real horror. that picture is no lie. if anything, it is toned down.

Arata...why does he need to hide his gender? look, i am into fantasy works were we explore a different world than ours...but there is something about that description that does not fit with me.

Ah, To aru, it is always nice to have more of you.

Kakumeiki and Ginga. i'm a fan of mechas, so i may give it a look.

Shingeki no Kyojin. a little warning...this series is gantz. as in people die. in horrible ways...have i mentioned the manga is shonen?

Date a live...so......if i get it right...the "heroine" of the story...did genocide...and by the description, it sounds like a romantic comedy......okay, the picture does not fit with a "romantic comedy" so maybe it is a deconstruction of the "magical girfriend" plot? i hope so, because if it is a lighthearted series, i will not watch it.

Hentai ouji......oh for the love of......

Joujunn. I don't like series that happen in a specific time period(rurouni kenshin as the only exception)

Dansai Bundi...okay, i'm not gonna lie...that series sounds awesome.

Asian Risshiden. i think, if they do it right, this series could have potential. i will not watch it, but i know people can be interested in the theme of the series.
KisekiRed
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Favorite Actor?: Hiroya Matsumoto
Favorite Band: D'espairsray
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Toku and Visual Kei
Quote: "The only way to get away from loneliness is to love it" - Moi Dix Mois

Post by KisekiRed »

Looking at the list, I can't really tell what kind of animes these are. I haven't heard 99%. It depends on the type your looking for. Assuming because you're on TV Nihon, you like action based Animes. I haven't really watched too many animes since I started Tokue 3 or 4 years ago. I recently watched Accel World (which became my personal favorite.) I would recommend Sword Art Online ontop of that since it is by the same creator and Accel World makes a direct connection to it in one of the episodes (Doesn't spoil anything with the connection. Just a nice thing to see if you watched SAO). Other than that, I don't have much to suggest.
Completed Rider Series: Amazon, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze
Completed Sentai Series: Dairanger, Magiranger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince
Valvrave
Devil Survivor 2
Aku no Hana

That's my Spring viewing list, atm.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Hmm, Tetsujin 28 and Spaceship Yamato... How retro. *gets his Seitokai Yakuindomo fan flag out, ready for more OVA fun*
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I'm definitely watching Oreimo S2 and Haiyore Nyaruko-san W along with Azazel-san S2. As for the other shows, I will watch the first episode for sure unless it's shorter than 23 minutes long or not a second season that I haven't watched previously or didn't like the first season to begin with.
TAKBonez
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kyouryuuger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Fourze
Dreamy: Luka Milfy
Favorite Actor?: None
Favorite Band: Punk & Crust
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: Hime hime hime, suki suki daisuki, hime hime
Type: ESFP Performer

Post by TAKBonez »

What I'm watching from this season Attack on Titan, Arata , Gargantia, Mushibugyo, Karneval & Samurai Bride.
Holy shit if u like action, blood, death and a fast paced apocalyptic story WATCH Attack on Titan(Shingeki no Kyojin) I urge u. Fuck even if ur not I would suggest this to anyone especially ur non anime/toku friends just to show them how very mature and kick ass anime can be.

Arata and Mushibugyo both kinda sounded like typical Shonen and they kinda r. Doesn't stop them from being good and they're both starting to get really interesting now.

Gargantia is pretty good and that plot twist in ep 9 shits about to go down.

Karneval has some massive gay/yaoi undertones in it. It sounded interesting so I watched it before realizing it was shojo. but the action was pretty decent kinda stopped watching around ep 5 will catch up later since it'll probably be a 12episoder.

Samurai Bride(S02) is just pure fanservice just like Samurai Girls(S01) Watched the first ep of Bride googled and realized there was a first season. Lets put it this way all except the loli each girl is well endowed.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I'm just watching Oreimo 2. I miss some of the light-hearted fun of the first season, although the payoff for the drama in the recent episode was really good.
TAKBonez
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club

Post by TAKBonez »

takenoko wrote:I'm just watching Oreimo 2. I miss some of the light-hearted fun of the first season, although the payoff for the drama in the recent episode was really good.
Bro why u not watching Attack on Titan I seriously urge that u do.

Anyways a guy on my gaming clan's forums gets this from someone and he uploads it each season for us so I figured I'd post it here. (the size is quite large just lemme know if I should edit it and put it in a spoiler.)

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Is that titan one that one with the opening video that people like? I don't know anything about it.

I'm not much of an anime guy nowadays to be honest.
TAKBonez
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club

Post by TAKBonez »

takenoko wrote:Is that titan one that one with the opening video that people like? I don't know anything about it.

I'm not much of an anime guy nowadays to be honest.
Attack on Titan(Shingeki no Kyojin) look at the poster I posted it gives a good description. but if u wanna check out the OP Theme here it is it should give u a good idea too but I'd say just watch the first episode u won't be disappointed and will definitely wanna watch more.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFDQuGX1JT0

is embedding videos not allowed?
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Dreamy: Sawada Shione
Favorite Actor?: Ryo Yoshizawa
Favorite Band: Spiv States
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Learning
Quote: "Kamen Raidā Meteo, Omae no sadame wa ore ga kimeru!"

Post by Enter the Meteor »

What I am watching (in no order):

1. Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge
2. YUYUSHIKI
3. Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live
4. Suisei no Gargantia
5. DATE A LIVE
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

To those who have seen it, how is the Attack on Titan? It seems interesting. Every time I see a picture of it, it's always those giants doing something or just looking freaky/gross. I saw the opening on YouTube. I think what drew me in was the sick slice to that dudes neck.
takenoko wrote: I'm not much of an anime guy nowadays to be honest.
Ditto. But I've been trying to be. For whatever reason I just haven't been excited about anime in a long time. I think when Naruto was first airing on Cartoon Network was when I was interested in it a lot more. I think the last anime I really watched weekly was Star Driver, back in '10. Then I watched Guilty Crown about a month ago. Sorta wished I could get into it again though.
TAKBonez
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club

Post by TAKBonez »

Revorse wrote:To those who have seen it, how is the Attack on Titan? It seems interesting. Every time I see a picture of it, it's always those giants doing something or just looking freaky/gross. I saw the opening on YouTube. I think what drew me in was the sick slice to that dudes neck.
takenoko wrote: I'm not much of an anime guy nowadays to be honest.
Ditto. But I've been trying to be. For whatever reason I just haven't been excited about anime in a long time. I think when Naruto was first airing on Cartoon Network was when I was interested in it a lot more. I think the last anime I really watched weekly was Star Driver, back in '10. Then I watched Guilty Crown about a month ago. Sorta wished I could get into it again though.
Like I told Take just watch the first ep I guarantee u'll wanna watch more.
Joosche
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
My boom: High Fantasy

Post by Joosche »

Attack on Titan was a surprise for me. It's really really good.

But Aku no Hana for me is the biggest surprise. Everything in this show works. The story is minimal, but convincing and makes you care about the protagonist. The animation (rotoscoping), that unfortunately wasn't well received for the most of the viewers, is the appeal for me. Is anyone watching this?

Return to “Anime”