Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Zammed)

Talk about Annie May here
unmei
運命

Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Zammed)

Post by unmei »

I know there are a few other North American based PS3 owners here, I'm just wondering if anyone else has opted to check out this new Bones (Cowboy Bebop: Knocking on Heaven's Door, Full Metal Alchemist, Kenran Butohsai, Eureka Seven, etcetera) anime that's being released exclusively via PS3s PSN (as opposed to also having a PSP release). I've been pretty impressed with it so far, both in story and animation, and it's nice that North America is actually getting a series, subbed, before it even airs in Japan (Japan will be 2 months behind the North American releases due to PSN video being released 2 months later in Japan) Anyway, I don't feel like talking about the story with just myself, but if there are any other North American PS3 owners with an extra three to four dollars a week burning a hole in their pockets, let's discuss this great new series, and the interesting choice for releasing it exclusively to a game console instead of an actual network.
RiderLeangle
Faiz

Re: Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Zammed)

Post by RiderLeangle »

I don't have a PS3 but I did find .avi downloads of this series subbed, I saw ep 1 and its pretty good except for one thing, Its Eureka Seven rehashed. Granted Eureka Seven is my favorite show but that takes all the fun out of a new series knowing its the same thing you watched 20 times. Thats the same reason Bioshock was a let down after I played System Shock 2.
ImageImage
unmei
運命

Post by unmei »

Outside of a few similarities in the first episode it's not really much like E7 at all yet. The story's been very interesting so far, not entirely original, by this point nothing is anymore, but its at least a somewhat fresh take on some tested plots. What little hast been seen of the mecha designs have been up to standard, though the way the plot's turning it seems like there's going to be a lot more action coming up now that the back story's been fleshed out a little.
RiderLeangle
Faiz

Post by RiderLeangle »

I dunno, I noticed quite alot. I don't think anyone here knows E7 better then me, And I think you made an error in the topic title, the japanese name is "Bounen no Xamdou"
ImageImage
SeonArikale
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Mecha

Post by SeonArikale »

Xam'd is very similar to E7 at the beginning, later on it does start to diverge. Granted when you have, if I recall correctly, the same writer and director it's going to feel very much the same as their styles mix a lot of their older work in. I did enjoy Xam'd a lot up until the end, as there were some things that just don't get proper resolution in my opinion. Still over all I enjoyed the show very much.

Return to “Anime”