2nd Favorite Series: Faiz, Ryuki
Dreamy: Hino Eiji
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Shu
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: stars
Quote: Loving the impossible.

Axis Powers Hetalia

Post by akeru »

Recently, I'm quite addicted to it after my friend gave me some files and now I started to repeat some of the episodes I liked. I would like to share my Hetalia fandom. x3 At first I thought it was a boring action anime then it turns out to be a comedic one. I need to heal my ignorance nowadays. I noticed that even though it's popular(?) no one attempted to start a thread about it.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Axis Powers Hetalia

Post by Lunagel »

That's mostly cause toku is about 90% guys, and Hetalia is, let's face it, marketed to girls. I watched a few episodes but couldn't really see what the hype was about. Maybe it's one of those things I'll have to watch with friends.
akeru
Boyz boyz boyz
Favorite series: Den-O, W, OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz, Ryuki
Dreamy: Hino Eiji
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Shu
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: stars
Quote: Loving the impossible.

Post by akeru »

Lunagel wrote:That's mostly cause toku is about 90% guys, and Hetalia is, let's face it, marketed to girls. I watched a few episodes but couldn't really see what the hype was about. Maybe it's one of those things I'll have to watch with friends.
Well, IMO some episodes are totally funny (in my standard). I didn't see that coming but oh well. Guys dominate here in TV-N. I cannot force them though xD
Darkster
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
Favorite Actor?: Jackie Chan
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: takoyaki
Quote: Because Takumi is Takumi.

Post by Darkster »

If it's too girly, I can't watch it. If it's funny or has action, I'll give it a try.
Nexus_Schwarz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Nexus_Schwarz »

Darkster wrote:If it's too girly, I can't watch it. If it's funny or has action, I'll give it a try.
It's not exactly "girly", but it's at times bromance-tastic rather than pure yaoi. (It's on Funi's stream site if you're curious to watch. They're only five minutes long each, so it won't hurt to try.)

It makes history really fun to learn and even puts human terms to things such as merging countries being considered like marriage, which is hilarious when France had no other choice to marry England because he couldn't survive on his own. (Forget that real-world event, but lots of parallels happen.)
Nexus_Schwarz... Is taking a nap, do not disturb.

^Sig by Yahiko~
Shado Kabuto
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz Kabuto Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O Deka Magi Bou

Post by Shado Kabuto »

kinda reminds me of Vampire Knight it had that bromance hilarity and action and it's a pretty awesome series to boot.

Hetelia seems to be interesting as well.

Oh you should give Angel Beats a try it's really good
I walk the path of HEAVENS
Thanks Guile for the Kabuto Avy's and Signatures
thanks bauffie for the sig.
Darkster
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
Favorite Actor?: Jackie Chan
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: takoyaki
Quote: Because Takumi is Takumi.

Post by Darkster »

I'm not into bromance. The sub team I'm in actually does Angel Beats! so I'd thought I'd give it a try, but after 4 episodes or so, I couldn't keep watching it. I felt like it lacked a point.
Sho-saka
NagoSan
Favorite series: Zero Punctuation
Dreamy: You tell me...
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru-san
Favorite Band: Erm...any?
My boom: Away with the faerys

Post by Sho-saka »

I watched Hetalia and I quite enjoyed the hilarious banter between the chatacters.

Until that is a selection of rabid yaoi fangirls decide to post disturbing fanart/fanfiction/fan comics/ fan videos on the 'net and made me put off watching the rest of the series, even reading a selection of the mangaka's web comics (yes, that's where Hetalia originated from). Sorry Hetalia fans.

BTW, is it true that Hetalia received some sort of controversy with South Korea or something that explains it wasn't broadcast in Japanese TVs? Can't seem to remember now.

Oh yeah, one last useless trivia: You know the person who provided the voices on both North and South Italy? Well he's also voiced Speedor from Engine Sentai Go-onger, unless you've already watched that S.Sentai and immediately/gradually recognised his voice from the start or something.
Nexus_Schwarz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Nexus_Schwarz »

Man, I curse the fandoms sometimes for killing the fun for me for some series. For example, I was going to watch Lucky Star until I realized that there was both direct and indirect references to Haruhi which I also can't stand due to its fandom. (Putting both references to both the character via the seiyu/VA being the same and then putting the seiyu herself in there? You can do better for a cashout, Kyoto...)
Sho-saka wrote:BTW, is it true that Hetalia received some sort of controversy with South Korea or something that explains it wasn't broadcast in Japanese TVs? Can't seem to remember now.
Yes, there was controversy because South Korea thought that the persona was a stereotype and protested against showing it on TV...when he wasn't even in the first two seasons (not sure on the third, but I don't think there's a chance now).

If anyone, I'm sure that Italy would've protested because...well, look at those two. They're hilarious but stereotypes as well. In fact, that's the whole point of the series: the countries' basic population quirks given life, with human analogs to actual events like the marriage thing I mentioned last time.
Sho-saka wrote:Oh yeah, one last useless trivia: You know the person who provided the voices on both North and South Italy? Well he's also voiced Speedor from Engine Sentai Go-onger, unless you've already watched that S.Sentai and immediately/gradually recognised his voice from the start or something.
Yeah, he's in a lot of stuff but not really toku (Deka, Magi, and of course Go-Onger). And apparently he's directing a movie with other toku seiyu/Sentai as well as starring in it.
Nexus_Schwarz... Is taking a nap, do not disturb.

^Sig by Yahiko~

Return to “Anime”