Fall 2011 Anime Season

Talk about Annie May here
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Fall 2011 Anime Season

Post by Phoenix512 »

I know I'm a bit late of this but games like Arkham Asylum and City and Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 are taking up my anime watching time. But I will find time to watch the new season.

Chihayafuru

Based on a manga series, it's about a girl named Chihaya Ayase who has the looks of a model but her interest in karuta (a game which someone says the first line of a poem and you must find the card that has the second line of the poem) doesn't get her many friends. She hoped that she would people to play karuta since her friends from elementary school, Arata Wataya and Taichi Mashima went on different paths.

The first episode has Ayase recalling how she got into karuta by defending Wataya because he was made fun of for being quiet and the new kid in town. Wataya asks her to play a game of karuta which he is able to quickly fling the cards so hard that he made intents in the wall. Unable to beat Wataya, she decided to focus on getting one card which she was able to do.

I think I would have this episode later in the series than having in the first episode. I would like to see the present Ayase flesh out and maybe an appearance of Wataya as a high school student. It probably take a few episodes to see how this turns out.

Guilty Crown

An original anime for the noitaminA anime block which is about a high school student named Shu Ouma gets involved with his favorite singer's other life. This other life is her being a resistance member of Undertaker, a group that fights the international corporation GHQ who has taken control of Japan 10 years ago after the Lost Christmas incident. Eventually, he gains the power to extract weapons out of people like a giant sword that is able to cut a mecha into two.

I had flashbacks of Utena with the whole sword appearing out of a body and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex with the mecha design but that's due Production I.G. having a huge hand in the show. I don't really like Shu or rather found him to be boring but the giant sword thing was cool though and that's enough to keep watching.

Ben-To

It's not Ben 10 but remove the hyphen and decapped the T, it's Bento like the boxed lunch. Based on a light novel series, Yō Satō finds himself in the wrong end as getting half-priced bento in a grocery store. He didn't expect to get his ass handed to him literally. Getting half-priced bento is war and has to team up with Sen Yarizui, the person who kicked his ass and runs the Half-Priced Food Lovers Club.

This is a very funny anime because you heard of Japanese limited time discounts being like a war but this is literally a war. Also one character named Hana Oshiroi makes the show with her unusual excitement for these battles and loved seeing Sato getting his ass kicked multiple times. I suggest that you should watch this one quickly as possible.

Return to “Anime”