KRManeki
Favorite series: Fourze Gokaiger DenO
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Onger & OOO
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Favorite Actor?: Jet Li
Favorite Band: Rolling Stones
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kingdom Hearts
Quote: I am Kamen Rider Maneki, my luck NEVER runs out!!!

Re: About Kamen Rider Maneki

Post by KRManeki »

yea and Im trying to find out how I can delete this topic.
/Users/chrisandteenaladd/Desktop/images.jpeg
Flare Phoenix
7X

Post by Flare Phoenix »

While it's great you're confident and proud in something you've created, if you act like it is "the shit" which everyone will automatically love, people will be far more inclined to knock you off your pedestal. Especially when, even with the limited information given, I can already tell your Rider is a Mary Sue.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

KRManeki wrote:yea and Im trying to find out how I can delete this topic.
once you post this you can't delete it... I think.
KRManeki

Post by KRManeki »

Flare Phoenix wrote:While it's great you're confident and proud in something you've created, if you act like it is "the shit" which everyone will automatically love, people will be far more inclined to knock you off your pedestal. Especially when, even with the limited information given, I can already tell your Rider is a Mary Sue.
I know that which is why I am trying to figure out and trying to fix his background story and I am jotting down ideas for it.
Flare Phoenix
7X

Post by Flare Phoenix »

Alright, well the first thing you want to do is think about the theme of your story. I know you've mentioned a lucky-cat themed Kamen Rider, but that's not really a theme in it of itself. Take a look at say Kamen Rider OOOs: even though Eiji used medals to transform, the theme was more to do with greed and desire. Thinking about the theme would be a good place to start.

Next, I would recommend thinking about your characters in the present before worrying about their back story. While a back story is good to have, it isn't completely essential right off the bat. Coming up with how your characters act, and their personalities, will help develop their back stories anyway. Take the main character for example: if you made him say happy and friendly to everyone, you would be able to start asking questions like "why is he friendly to everyone he meets" and start thinking about what happened in his past to make him that way. There is a lot to think about, and a lot you can work with. Their motivation for why they fight the bad guys (is there a personal stake in the fight?), how they react to the powers (did they get them by accident, or were they trained to use them), how they react around others, etc...

You'll also need to think about how the Kamen Rider's powers work: where his powers come from, what he uses to transform, what attacks he has, if he has any alternate forms, and how he accesses them. Not to mention how many Riders you'll have in the series, and the supporting cast.

Also, you need to think about the villains; especially what they wish to accomplish, and why they wish to do it. You'll need to think about what method they'll use to make monsters of the week (you can go the route of a different species as the villains, or humans turned into monsters via some method, or something else entirely). They'll need to be able to provide a challenge for the hero, and also be actively working towards something the hero needs to stop.

After that, you need to think about how the story is going to progress. Where it is going to take place, and what is going to happen in each episode. You should at least have a basic idea where your story is heading before you start, but don't be afraid to change things if something ends up not working down the road. Quite a few shows I've watched have had characters, who were originally only meant to be one-shots, become main characters due to how popular they were.

I know the planning may seem massive, but it will make for a better story in the end. One thing I will suggest though is take out the Keyblade, Birth's driver, and the fact that your Kamen Rider has to help, or even interact, with the canonical Kamen Riders. You want the story to be about your Kamen Rider, and if you try to have him having to help the canonical Riders it will just make him look like a Mary Sue.

Well I hope that's helped you somewhat, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
KRManeki

Post by KRManeki »

I do appreciate it. Thank you for the help.

Return to “Media Gallery”