Media Sharing Forum
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Self Promotion Time

Post by Kogashi »

Hello there TVN, Koga here to promote my new youtube channel, Reading Too Much Into Things, where in I take a deep, penetrating looking look in the small details creators likely never meant for people to look at, and come to my own insane conclusions. I'm still rather young, only having two videos up so far, however that won't stop me from promoting myself when I get the chance. Especially since Toei tried to take this video, my review of the first episode of Kamen Rider Ghost, down due to them not getting hor fair use works!

Please, enjoy, support, subcribe, follow me on Facebook (Reading too Much Into Things) and or twitter (@R2TMIT), and let me know if you want to see me continue to fly in the face of Toei by continuing my review of Kamen Rider Ghost, and possibly other Toku series later. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ54fE_tMMo
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
tr0jance
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Mayuko Arisue
Favorite Band: Loaded Diaper
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Imagination
Quote: (silently fades in shadows)
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Self Promotion Time

Post by tr0jance »

Video got deleted.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

Damn, TOEI rekt you. I really wanted to see that Ghost video. I guess that means I can't ever upload Sentai or Rider-related things on my YouTube channel. I didn't know TOEI were that strict about it. Did you happen to use a lot of video footage or something?
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by Kogashi »

yea this is the second time it's been hit. First they wanted the video blocked worldwide, then I disputed it. Now they hit it with a copyright strike, and I'm disputing that. For the time being, till I've convinced Toei that 'Fair Use' includes using footage in a review of said media, the reviews of Ghost are on hold. I am still working on the other videos I do, IE things like my 'Dark Is the Soul' rant.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Man, I hate it when that happens. I managed to catch the video before it got deleted, and I agree with a lot there (especially the souls/eyecons not making sense).

What's odd about the copyright is that YouTube directly mentions criticism/reviews as its first reason of fair use.
http://www.youtube.com/yt/copyright/fai ... ur-factors
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by lostinbrave »

It will be nice to see once you get more established and more problems worked out. I would recommend asap getting a DSLR type camera for recording video it will make it look much better. Next a specific recording microphone. Scripts help a lot, even if you go away from them in the actual video.

All in all looks great.
ImageImage
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by Kogashi »

I have a yeti microphone for recording, and do have scripts written out and in front of me when I record, granted I some times go off script with my rants but I try to avoid that as finding my place again and repeating myself are likely to happen when I do that, thus more editing. Though a better camera would be helpful as oppose to my laptop's built in camera.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by Kogashi »

Good news, the first review is back up, and as long as I'm not too much of a lazy butt, the next review should be up Sunday.

welp, they tried to block it in Japan, the main location that would know about Kamen Rider, It is up
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by Kogashi »

So, I tried, for a little over a year, to put up with youtube... so I think, I'm done with that. I am, sick of it. I am sick, of being hit time, after time, after time, with bot claims to block my videos, in Japan, or all over the world, because Toei can't put in the effort to teach it''s bot, what 'Fair Use' means. Here I am on Vimeo

I will likely try to continue on youtube because it's still better known but now that I'm looking towards vimeo I may soon enough just put a 'find the video here' link on youtube soon enough. I'm just, so tired of youtube being so scared, of corporations, that it's willing ti ignore fair use laws, to ignore the belief of 'innocent until proven guilty', bending over for those with big money to try and prevent people from reviewing, ANYTHING.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Heh. Youtube is always hitting me with copyright claims on the music that appears in the games I play or commercials that I upload. Toei is usually pretty ruthless about that stuff.

What do they hit you with? Like showing pieces of the video/ the music/or both?
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by Kogashi »

generally they hit me for using footage of the shows for my reviews if it's a certain length, usually 11 seconds or longer. Granted most of those hits end up simply with me being blocked in Japan, but every now and then they try to block me world wide and the most I can tell for 'why' is when it's a first episode or a mid season big fight.

I tend to not have much music from the shows in my reviews unless I'm talking bout a specific piece of music like commenting on Ghost's OP but yea, that got me a world wide block as well. It's insanity.

Return to “Media Gallery”