2%
☆ DoRinki
No votes

Total votes: 52
kuroblack
Go Go!

Re: Ratings Poll: JyuKen Sentai GekIRanger

Post by kuroblack »

I love GekiRanger! I don't know how many time I've re-watched this series. I don't like the suit design of red, blue, yellow, but the masks are and Kageki suits are good though, also GekiViolet and GekiChopper. The enemies were interesting, the plot twist was also thrilling. What I really like was that the power up was not just for RedRanger.

Like in
Spoiler
Kyoryuuger
Zenuku5
Infinity
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Kurenai Wataru
Favorite Actor?: Koji Seto
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Let's make this showy!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Zenuku5 »

5, hands down. It was truly a story of these two rival schools and the warriors who train and fight their way to the top! Rio and Mele were a couple of the most beautifully written and executed antagonists in sentai history, I feel! And as annoying as some might have found Jan, I found him kind of endearing and fun.
gekipirate
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: I have a dream

Post by gekipirate »

Haven't posted in while. Gekiranger is one of my favorite sentai that I have watched, Gokaiger one of the others. Jan sort of grew on male, usually not a big fan of the Reds; Ran and Retsu were okay, although I did like Gou and thought Ken was just silly, in a nice way. By far, my favorites characters were Rio and Mele, their interactions together made the show for me. It was obvious, that although he hid it, he was crazy about Mele. I was highly disappointed they died after they joined the team, Geki Black, Geki Green. I have watched it several times, and always discover something I missed. I really enjoyed the show...5 stars for me.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Starting from Shinkenger and going to what's current, then going back to Dekaranger to watch what I hadn't meant that Gekiranger would be the last series I watched. Go-onger, you ask? I had watched some of those episodes earlier and bailed, so to prevent having to end the marathon on what wound up being, in my opinion, the worst Sentai Series so far, I watched it after Magiranger. That's how that worked.

I was looking forward to watching this series for a long time. It had a martial-arts motif which made the team a little more believable, fantastic suit designs all around, and I was hoping those would be paired with a good story. I don't know how many times I watched their roll call on Youtube in awe from the sheer complexity of the movements associated with it. Boukenger's roll call was simple, Go-Onger's was just poses with a colored dust cloud. It looked exciting!

Had the show ended around episode 35, it would have been a disappointment. The story for the Gekirangers was lackluster at best, and in many episodes it didn't seem like they were really working towards a goal that wasn't training of some kind. Their story was immensely overshadowed by Rio and Mele's story, leaving the Gekirangers as what seemed like secondary characters through most of the series. The ending arc saved everything, however, and the way they went about it put me into an afternoon-long binge of the final 10 episodes. Despite being underwhelmed by the middle-third of the show to the point where I watched the entirety of Noragami between episodes 30 and 31, the ending left me with the same feeling I get after finishing a good book.

I'm very glad I chose to end the catch-up marathon with Gekiranger. It's not a masterpiece, in my opinion, but it's definitely one of my favorites. A very easy 5 of 5.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, Geki's fun. The villains certainly steal the show, but I do love the design of the suit power up at episode 20. Ran and Retsu were kind of bland, but they were hearty and amusing.

Return to “Jyuken Sentai GekiRanger”