Get a fist full of Kung-Fu action!
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Boukenger | GekiRanger | Go-Onger >
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

How come Dan/Sugu as a Chimera/New Form

Post by DarkRobin »

Not that things need to be that specific on a show.

It just that Dan was a tiger, a white tiger to be specific, and a Chimera is a fix of beasts; feline, goat and serpent. And the feline part is a lion, not a tiger
So it seems a bit unfitting for a tiger-ken martial artist to become that of a chimera.
Ehmar
7X
Favorite series: All KR series!!
2nd Favorite Series: Garo/Gundam00
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: My Toy Collection

Post by Ehmar »

i think thats just his genjyuken power - much like Rio's is that of the Griffon and Mele's is the Phoenix.
"Henshin..."
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

What do you think about Dan/Suugu's form?

Post by DarkRobin »

I think despite having a mixed form, Suugu might be one of the best looking figure in the series.

It's obvious that he's got to have that kind of design of look due to a chimera being an amalgam of creatures

But other than the feline portion being recognizable, you can't really tell what creatures is of other portions.

He seems to be actually a mixed form from a evil and a good being.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I agree with the part where you can't tell what else he's composed of. It'd be nice for sake of curiousity if it got explained. XD

Let's not forget he fell from "Mugendo" so maybe he absorbed some others on his way down? XD
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

Ehmar wrote:i think thats just his genjyuken power - much like Rio's is that of the Griffon and Mele's is the Phoenix.
Mele getting Phoenix power is just like random

While Rio's beast change from lion to griffin makes more sense because griffin is one legendary creature close to a lion.
But Dan turns to Chimera? As I asked before, how does a tiger fit in a chimera?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

DarkRobin wrote:But Dan turns to Chimera? As I asked before, how does a tiger fit in a chimera?
I don't think it spoils anything to say they explain it in an unsubbed episode. Just wait
lycan
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Super Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nao-chan
Favorite Actor?: Samuel L. Jackson
Favorite Band: Seether
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Toku, Doctor Who
Quote: "What's the point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes?" - The Fourth Doctor

Re: How come Dan/Sugu as a Chimera/New Form

Post by lycan »

First off, my apologies if I'm not supposed to bump a topic past a month.

I always thought that Mele's GenKi transformation made sense, being that it's the form of a phoenix and that she's a Rinshi...particularly the first that was resurrected by Rio. Although it didn't hit me until the second time I saw that episode.
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

lycan wrote:First off, my apologies if I'm not supposed to bump a topic past a month.

I always thought that Mele's GenKi transformation made sense, being that it's the form of a phoenix and that she's a Rinshi...particularly the first that was resurrected by Rio. Although it didn't hit me until the second time I saw that episode.
Specifically she's a Rinrinshi

I don't know about if the phoenix status part really fits her, since she was still undead.

For Dan, I heard from somewhere, when Long took his Geki Soul to create Suugu he also fused souls of various RinJyuKen practitioners, which fit the idea of Chimera, a mixture of beasts. But as I stated in the beginning, the feline portion of Chimera is supposed to be lion not tiger. Guess they couldn't find a mystic creature that can relate to a tiger.
SpiritAngelo
Adventure

Post by SpiritAngelo »

o_O Chimera doesn't necessary refer to the Lion/Goat/Snake combination ~

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_(genetics)

And also in Full Metal Alchemist, there was an alchemist who did alchemy in combination of animals and even humans. Those experiments were also referred to as Chimera because of the nature of the creature [ consists of 2 or more distinctive DNA ].

In this case, Dan was revived as a Chimera form with his basis as White Tiger but the "disfigured" half has not specific creature. In a episode 44, he was able to perform Ringi and Gengi while Long was explaining a Chimera is a lifeform that's a combination of various things.
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

SpiritAngelo wrote:o_O Chimera doesn't necessary refer to the Lion/Goat/Snake combination ~

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_(genetics)

And also in Full Metal Alchemist, there was an alchemist who did alchemy in combination of animals and even humans. Those experiments were also referred to as Chimera because of the nature of the creature [ consists of 2 or more distinctive DNA ].

In this case, Dan was revived as a Chimera form with his basis as White Tiger but the "disfigured" half has not specific creature. In a episode 44, he was able to perform Ringi and Gengi while Long was explaining a Chimera is a lifeform that's a combination of various things.
You have a point. But GenJyuKen means Phantom/Mystic Beast Fist
Which should mean the Chimera-ken character should be based on the Chimera in mythology.

As for Dan/Suugu's techniques. As far as we could tell, he could do Ringi, didn't see him demonstrating any Gengi besides the blasts of Genki he fired at Long
SpiritAngelo
Adventure

Post by SpiritAngelo »

DarkRobin wrote: You have a point. But GenJyuKen means Phantom/Mystic Beast Fist
Which should mean the Chimera-ken character should be based on the Chimera in mythology.

As for Dan/Suugu's techniques. As far as we could tell, he could do Ringi, didn't see him demonstrating any Gengi besides the blasts of Genki he fired at Long
Yupz. It "should" have like all the other GenJyu characters.
But I guess the writers decided the Chimera part will be more interesting with more variety.

o_O oops... he din do any Gengi? my bad on tat one ~ heh

Return to “Jyuken Sentai GekiRanger”