Get a fist full of Kung-Fu action!
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Boukenger | GekiRanger | Go-Onger >
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Where is Dan's Kageki?

Post by DarkRobin »

Ever since we see the revelation of Dan, Jan's father being the White Tiger with power of Kageki that Rio had been so obsessed
with, we never saw him manifesting Kageki, something that serves as White Tiger's identification to Rio. So why in the flashback scenes we never see Dan manifesting Kageki with his white tiger like Rio remembered?
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Where is Dan's Kageki?

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Someone was saying in one of the other threads that Dan was the only one to come close to achieving it, but hadn't done it before dying. Then Long kidnapped his soul and merged him into the GenJyuKen, so ofcourse when he was mixed with that there was no way of obtaining it.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Also my guess that during the flashbacks, Dan was already injured by Long and unable to use his Kageki. Another idea could be that Dan felt he did not need to use it against Rio.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Jan Ran and Retsu are the first three to ever obtain KaGeki
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

takenoko wrote:Jan Ran and Retsu are the first three to ever obtain KaGeki

Well Gorrie did say that no one's obtained it in GekiJyuKen's history
Which made me feel weird when he said so. Because it'd be like a contradiction.

Because while Sha-Fu may not master using it, he definitely does possess Kageki.
And it's gotta be the same for Dan. Even if Dan didn't handle Kageki as well as Jan, Retsu, and Ran have achieved, he's gotta still had it like Sha-Fu did. Otherwise Rio's memory of the white tiger burning with Kageki would just be his imagination, and an imagination that came true with white tiger's son and Sha-Fu, and some others.

Which doesn't seem to make sense. Rio must have seen Dan burning up with Kageki at some point. And they should have make a flashback of such, with Dan's appearance clear instead of a shadowy figure
gekiwaza
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Keitai Sousakan 7
Dreamy: The KS7 female cast
My boom: mic

Post by gekiwaza »

Dan was just really close to obtaining Kageki, as we saw in Rio's flashback. He probably wasn't able to use it for more than a few seconds like Jan did two eps before the Gekirangers obtained it. Besides that his Geki turned into Gengi whenever Long made his Geki soul do the blood oath.

and Gorrie probably would have said something if Sha-Fu had obtained Kageki.
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

gekiwaza wrote:Dan was just really close to obtaining Kageki, as we saw in Rio's flashback. He probably wasn't able to use it for more than a few seconds like Jan did two eps before the Gekirangers obtained it. Besides that his Geki turned into Gengi whenever Long made his Geki soul do the blood oath.

Well, not exactly complete disagreeing with you here.

While it might be true that Jan, Retsu, and Ran are the only ones ever to achieving mastery of using Kageki as they have, Dan must have at least achieved generating it, even just once.

Remember Rio had flashbacks of the White Tiger (Man) as a shadowy figure flaring up with Kageki? So obviously at some point Rio must have witnessed Dan producing Kageki. But we didn't see Dan doing so in any flashbacks, not even Rio's memory of his fight with Dan before he died. Which leads to the question about Dan's Kageki
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

DarkRobin wrote:
gekiwaza wrote:Dan was just really close to obtaining Kageki, as we saw in Rio's flashback. He probably wasn't able to use it for more than a few seconds like Jan did two eps before the Gekirangers obtained it. Besides that his Geki turned into Gengi whenever Long made his Geki soul do the blood oath.

Well, not exactly complete disagreeing with you here.

While it might be true that Jan, Retsu, and Ran are the only ones ever to achieving mastery of using Kageki as they have, Dan must have at least achieved generating it, even just once.

Remember Rio had flashbacks of the White Tiger (Man) as a shadowy figure flaring up with Kageki? So obviously at some point Rio must have witnessed Dan producing Kageki. But we didn't see Dan doing so in any flashbacks, not even Rio's memory of his fight with Dan before he died. Which leads to the question about Dan's Kageki
As far as I remember, none of the episode ever mentioned Dan was close to achieving Kageki, so why do you guys say so?
gekiwaza
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Keitai Sousakan 7
Dreamy: The KS7 female cast
My boom: mic

Post by gekiwaza »

As far as I remember, none of the episode ever mentioned Dan was close to achieving Kageki, so why do you guys say so?
Episode 19 at 16:56 after we saw Jan produce KaGeki for the first time. Rio has a flashback of a blacked out man producing Kageki then a White Tiger fades in to the shot.

Episode 20 at 6:52 Gorrie says
In GekiJyuken's 4000 years of history no one has obtained it.
Common sense would make me think that he was just really close to obtaining it. Kinda like Jan was in episode 19. Had he obtained it ShaFu probably would have sensed it and probably would have told Gorrie.
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

gekiwaza wrote:
Common sense would make me think that he was just really close to obtaining it. Kinda like Jan was in episode 19. Had he obtained it ShaFu probably would have sensed it and probably would have told Gorrie.
I think it only proves that there are contradicting facts. Rio remembers Dan flaring up Kageki, Gorrie said no one ever obtained Kageki. We have no basis to assume Dan was only nearing achieving Kageki since it's never mentioned so.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

When does Rio say he saw Dan produce Kageki? All he did was see the flash burst of Geki that Jan did before he obtained Kageki
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

takenoko wrote:When does Rio say he saw Dan produce Kageki? All he did was see the flash burst of Geki that Jan did before he obtained Kageki

When Kageki first manifested by Jan, Rio said "This is same as that man" as he remember the White Tiger flaring up same kind of Ki, so obviously Rio saw Dan generating Kageki. Or unless it was just Rio's imagination of Dan which Jan make into reality
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

DarkRobin wrote:Ever since we see the revelation of Dan, Jan's father being the White Tiger with power of Kageki that Rio had been so obsessed
with, we never saw him manifesting Kageki, something that serves as White Tiger's identification to Rio. So why in the flashback scenes we never see Dan manifesting Kageki with his white tiger like Rio remembered?
Spoiler warning?
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

The topic title makes it pretty obvious to me that it's a spoiler.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

=_= Why necro this thread? Why necro the geki forum? ;_; let it die!
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.

Return to “Jyuken Sentai GekiRanger”