2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Momotaros
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Rider Chips
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Setsuna F Seiei

Re: GekiViolet = Mace Windu?

Post by Tendou Souji »

So that's what deja vu means, thanks for translating guys!
Aine
7X
Favorite series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Mele
Favorite Actor?: Hirofumi Araki
Favorite Band: Merry
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Jyuken Is like The Force from Star Wars

Post by Aine »

Isn't that kind of what the Geki-Violet=Mace Windu was about...
Spoiler
It's a trap!
Warrior of Zarona
!Wizards
!Wizards

Post by Warrior of Zarona »

There wasn't really a need to make a separate thread out of this when a similar discussion is taking place elsewhere in the Geki-Violet=Mace Windu thread. I'll be merging this thread with it.

Also, the different colors seems to be really disruptive and doesn't make your post easy to read. Please don't use a different color for every statement you make in your post, and edit your current post to reflect this. Thank you.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I actually like that he did the colors. That way helps you keep the different ideas separate but straight. There's no reason why he should change his post to reflect one color. I don't understand why the attack on something so trivial. He didn't break any rules.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Solidus
UNKNOWN HARD ERROR!
2nd Favorite Series: Blade
Dreamy: Mika, Ran
Favorite Actor?: Cobb
Favorite Band: LCD Soundsystem
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: shiny objects

Post by Solidus »

DarkRobin wrote:I've felt something since the beginning of starting to watch Gekirangers

It's different from other Super Sentai series in the way that its theme is not just about good vs evil like all previous teams.

It is about two groups of opposing forces that use same power with different ideology, much like the practitioners of Force from Star Wars.

In SW, Jedi are the practitioners of the Light side of the Force, which is controlled with positive feeling and courage. Whereas Seth, the practitioners of the Dark side of the Force, their control of powers is focused on negative emotional such as rage and hatred.

This is pretty much completely parallel to the GekiJyuken/RinJyuken, Geki VS Rinki (Geki light ki of Jyuken, Rinki the dark one) conflicts.

In case anyone needs details
Geki, power generated by passion of justice
Rinki, power produced by hatred, suffering and despair of others

Etc.
Let's step the laser light show down a notch, shall we?
Warrior of Zarona
!Wizards
!Wizards

It's more out of courtesy than it is about breaking the rules. It isn't very easy reading his post without making someone's eyes bleed.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I had no trouble with it. o_O;; It's not like he used REAL BRIGHT colors. (Honestly I hate the yellow being used as I find that annoying, but I don't say anything about those that use it.) Nor did he use colors so dark that they blended in to the background. There is no real trouble or big deal about it. It's more like pointless and annoying nitpicking.
Warrior of Zarona
!Wizards
!Wizards

If you have a problem with my moderation, you're free to speak with me privately. However, as you can tell, 3 people, myself included, have already commented about the colors. If I had wanted to, I could have edited his post myself and forced his post to change it to one color. I am, of course, only a person who uses fair judgement on these things, and as you said, it wasn't breaking the rules, so I didn't do that.

However, if he wants people to read his posts properly and taken seriously, then he should reconsider using a proper format where colors don't distract from the content of the post, which is why I had requested he do so. I put the readers' feelings into account, after all, and the differing colors for every statement only depreciates what he had to say.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Big deal if there are a few people who find it "distracting". Color adds a variant to things to bring attention to it, and it's not a big deal. I'm not discussing your moderation when I say this, but rather the fact that you and the others are nit picking about something lame. Merging the posts was necessary as it was 2 threads on the same thing, so I get that and you were right on that. However, the colors are not discourteous and they're not rule breaking. The jumping on him for using multi-colors when it does no harm is discourteous because it's picking a fight which is not necessary. I don't see any point to say anything to him about it, nor really to continue this any further. If you were really being all fair and square about it you wouldn't have said anything about the colors to begin with. Everyone has a right to use whatever color they want, whenever they want, and however many colors in one post that they want. That's why there's no limit set on it.
Warrior of Zarona
!Wizards
!Wizards

Tell me something - where have I implied that I was picking a fight with him? Where did I attack him? Did I insult him whatsoever? It seems to me that you're taking this far more personally than DarkRobin is, and you didn't even make the post.

Let me just say this - you're indeed free to use whatever colors you want. As I said, it's not something I am enforcing. However, don't expect people to read your posts seriously if that is the case.

If one wants to make any substantial post that adds constructiveness to a discussion, one can start by making proper uses of the tools in front of him. Reading DarkRobin's post, it screams color instead of what he really wanted to get out with the star wars references.

Any criticisms I make are to help better the posters and the quality of the forums. After all, there is such a thing as "overly doing" something.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Warrior of Zarona wrote:There wasn't really a need to make a separate thread out of this when a similar discussion is taking place elsewhere in the Geki-Violet=Mace Windu thread. I'll be merging this thread with it.
I agree here, you're right.
Warrior of Zarona wrote: Also, the different colors seems to be really disruptive and doesn't make your post easy to read.
Nit picking and not true.
Warrior of Zarona wrote: Edit your current post to reflect this. Thank you.
Why should he? That's the fight picker. Do this because I don't like it, not because it's actually discourteous or rule breaking.
Warrior of Zarona wrote:It's more out of courtesy than it is about breaking the rules. It isn't very easy reading his post without making someone's eyes bleed.
I never said anything about insulting, but we may as well add it since you did. This would be the insulting part. "You're discourteous for using multiple colors and it makes my eyes bleed." See how trivial and silly that is?
Warrior of Zarona
!Wizards
!Wizards

As I've said, if you have a problem, please bring it to me privately.

However, this is a matter between DarkRobin and myself. If there's something he has against it, then he should come to me about it. I simply don't understand why you came in here. Aren't you doing the exact same thing that you're accusing me of?
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Warrior of Zarona wrote:As I've said, if you have a problem, please bring it to me privately.
I have no trouble with the moderation part of this.
Warrior of Zarona wrote: However, this is a matter between DarkRobin and myself. If there's something he has against it, then he should come to me about it. I simply don't understand why you came in here. Aren't you doing the exact same thing that you're accusing me of?
DarkRobin more than likely isn't going to say anything, and you know that. He mostly just discusses stuff about the show and compares it to other stuff and that's all he does when he posts.
I came in here because I have every right to read and make comments as you do. =) I'm not doing the same thing as you are, I'm merely trying to enlighten you on how ridiculous it is for you and the others to make such a big deal out of the colors. If someone's willing to take all that time out to code different colors in their posts, then more power to them. There's nothing wrong with it. Did I demand you apologize or actually DO anything at all? No.
If you want this to go "private" then feel free to PM me yourself. Like I said, I have no issues with the actual moderation part of your decision.
Warrior of Zarona
!Wizards
!Wizards

When I say problems, it also doesn't limit itself to my moderation. You obviously had a problem with how I felt about the colors, and there was no need to for us to argue about it publicly like that.

Then the matter will be taken privately.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Lol. I don't see that there's anything further on that matter that needs discussion.

Return to “Jyuken Sentai GekiRanger”