< Boukenger | GekiRanger | Go-Onger >
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Translation Notes?

Post by Xirix »

It's been a while since I watched a Super Sentai, I think it was a year ago I watched Boukenger. I'm no stranger to words like Shishou and -tachi etc, but I'm sure when I was last here there was a forum post or page with lots of commonly used words explained?

I only ask because I'm just three episodes into Gekiranger and there's a lot of untranslated things, it's a tad daunting.
XIII
The Conspiracy
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Translation Notes?

Post by XIII »

if your refering to lines by Jan, then there is no translation for what he is saying since its just randomness of a confused jungle boy living in the urban world
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Xirix »

Nah, after a while that much sunk in, since nobody around him knew what he was saying either.

Really I just want to know the basics, such as Geki, Waza, what they say when they release their beast spirit as a projectile, what Rinrinshi means, stuff like that. As a lot of that never had translation notes in the episode.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

If you mean attacks and stuff, I can look into it and see if I can come up with a list. A lot of the attacks are just sounds based on the kanji though, which might not have a clean translation
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Xirix »

If you can be bothered to make a small list I would appreciate that very much, as well as the other relevant things like Rinrinshi and GekiTouja, so that's why a lot is untranslated, I see.

Just out of curiousity, the Sentai after this..what was it, Engine Ranger? Do those episodes have the attacks and such translated?
sentaifan30
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Quote: Victory through defeat.

Post by sentaifan30 »

Sometimes GekiChopper says "Chesto!" Just wondering what that means? Any help would be appreciated.
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Robots. Always.

Post by Magenta »

Chesto is a sort of samurai-esque warcry. You see it used a lot by people with sort of olden-style blade fighting techniques etc.

I BELIEVE, and I could be wrong on this, it's actually an anachronism. It stems from modern kendou where it's common courtesy in training to call out the area you're going to strike - there's 'men' meaning 'face', and then 'chesto' has just kind of gotten misappropriated from calling out you're striking the chest/torso into being a more general sword-wielder battlecry.

That's the interpretation of it I'm familiar with, anyway.
ima sugu shutsudoukable
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

That might have been it to begin with, but recently it seems to have just degraded to the same vein as "Ossu!". It doesn't really mean anything anymore, just more of something to shout out while you're doing something manly so you feel even more manly.

Return to “Jyuken Sentai GekiRanger”