< Boukenger | GekiRanger | Go-Onger >
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: KaGeki & DoRinki

Post by Saejima Kouga »

But the trick to it was using Ringi with a just heart.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

Well........

You guys are straying away from the topic by focusing on the Sealing Ringi.
But for sake of your interest, it was obviously Rinki they used in the technique. If they used that Ringi with Geki, the ki wouldn't be purple.
It's also be obvious that at that point, the Gekirangers possesses both Geki and Rinki; they have their own Geki and Rio infused them with the residual Rinki of Kenmas left in the bracelet.

Now back to KaGeki and DoRinki

First of all, I think I was wrong in the beginning stating Dorinki would also require one to suppress the limit, it just take pure rage. But the rage would power one's strength to over the original limit

I also left out earlier that the chinese and japanese words for KaGeki is 過激氣, by definition, it could mean Extreme Geki or Exceed Geki, so it's the Geki that exceeds Geki, the exact idea of a GekiJyuKen practitioner to suppress his/her limit

So as mentioned, the idea of these two powers are just like Sayians achieving transformation to Super Sayians, reaching their limits and rage pushed them over and suppress it.

takenoko wrote:I figured that this would be a problem considering how early on KaGeki was introduced. But then again, KaGeki kept growing, with Jan and Retsu doing KaGeki Kensan.

Personally, I feel a bit strange no one's got any comment about KaGeki and Dorinki
I don't think using KaGeki Kensan means much, it simply is using KaGeki to power the SaiBlade.
Just like you mentioned, they brought KaGeki too early, so maybe it's bound to gradually lose attention.
But since KaGeki and DoRinki are the ultimate level of powers in both Jyken schools and the Gekirangers, Mele and Rio suppressing the Kenseis and Kenmas is a storyline in the show, they could have let them create more powerful level of Geki and Rinki beyond KaGeki and DoRinki much like the Sayian characters suppressing Super Sayian and reaching Super Sayian 2, 3, and 4.

takenoko wrote:Genki trumped DoRinki, so DoRinki wasn't the ultimate power anyway

That's not exactly correct, Genki might be like the ultimate evil power, but DoRinki is still the ultimate Rinki, so it's still the ultimate level of power in RinJyuKen.

And they narrate in the introduction credits, "......Strive daily for the top, they learn, they change"
Creating new form and level of power would have been great. Which's why I had hoped we could see another form-wise upgrade.
Last edited by DarkRobin on Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liner_Form
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Too creepy to answer
Favorite Actor?: Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Liner_Form »

I was thinking: Rio gave the Gekirangers Rinki, and he was able to use DoRinki. Do you think it's possible for the Gekirangers to use something like a fusion between Kageki and Dorinki? I think that would be the ultimate power.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

RinGi != RinKi
Wyvern
7X

Post by Wyvern »

wouldn't it be similiar to ShiGeki?
Tendou Souji
Mega
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Momotaros
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Rider Chips
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Setsuna F Seiei

Post by Tendou Souji »

ShiGeki is a type of Geki, it is not Rinki
Liner_Form
Kamen Knight
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Too creepy to answer
Favorite Actor?: Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Favorite Band: Maroon 5

Post by Liner_Form »

Technically, it isn't Geki either. The Rinshi Baboon (HiHi?) fighting Gou in episode 24 asked him why he was emitting Rinki.
Gou from Episode 24 subs wrote: Mine isn't Rinki. It's not Geki either. My Ki is original...ShiGeki.
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

Let me see what you guys said first....
Liner_Form wrote: I was thinking: Rio gave the Gekirangers Rinki, and he was able to use DoRinki. Do you think it's possible for the Gekirangers to use something like a fusion between Kageki and Dorinki? I think that would be the ultimate power.
Yes, by combining the two kinds of training, it's similar merging the powers of light and darkness thus creating a force that's more powerful than light and darkness, good and evil alone. However, in the end we only really see their skills and styles improved, it'd be nice to see they generate a new kind of ki.

But even before that they could use some storylines for Rio, Mele, and Gekirangers to reached a new level before merging the two schools. It's possible at the point of last fight with Long, their ki did become like Shigeki. After rewatching the scene, the purple ki seems to light to be Rinki, it might be related to ShiGeki. Once again, they could let them explore and pushed Kageki and DoRinki to a next level first.

Ever since Maku's defeat, Kageki and DoRinki became like non-existent to their minds.

takenoko wrote:RinGi != RinKi
That can't be true
Ringi means techniques performed and powered by Rinki

Liner_Form wrote: Technically, it isn't Geki either. The Rinshi Baboon (HiHi?) fighting Gou in episode 24 asked him why he was emitting Rinki.
Gou from Episode 24 subs wrote: Mine isn't Rinki. It's not Geki either. My Ki is original...ShiGeki.

Well what Gou said could only mean ShiGeki is not Geki, it doesn't mean it's not a type of Geki.
He could simply mean it's no ordinary Geki, just like KaGeki is just Geki.

I feel a little bit surprised that not one commented on what I said about KaGeki and DoRinki being similar to Super Sayian state. Especially their flare or burst of ki, that's how Super Sayians' auroa of ki look like

They could have let them improve on Kageki and DoRinki looked some Sayians were able to exceed Super Sayian and reached SS2, SS3.

One other thing they probably should have done better with KaGeki and DoRinki is established their connection to heart of beasts better. The way their concepts are designed don't seem animal enough

Return to “Jyuken Sentai GekiRanger”