Get a fist full of Kung-Fu action!
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Boukenger | GekiRanger | Go-Onger >
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

KaGeki & DoRinki

Post by DarkRobin »

Anyone feels weird or dissatisfied that these ultimate forms or levels of power were only made major in some part of the series, then they were like forgotten.

The mental state required for them are perfect for ideology of both side:

KaGeki manifests when one selflessly intend to protect others

DoRinki is generated when one become completely in range and desires to destroy

But there is one other thing them both require in common. One must be at their limits.

Remember when the master triangle Kenseis start training Gekirangers? From what they said it would seem either one can only generate Kageki when they supress their limit, or generate Kageki would mean one's limit has been suppressed, that's how one must work on and challenge on their weakness before they can obtain Kageki. DoRinKi seems to be the same, as Rio as become very strong then, possibly his original natural limit at that point. Then the ultimate state of mentality can bring they to the level above their limit, that when we have Kageki and DoRinki

It would seem they took the idea of Kageki and DoRinki from Sayians achieving Super Sayian state from Dragon Ball Z series.

The basis of becoming a Super Sayian is when a reach the natural limit, they can transcend to the level above when expreiencing rage. It would seem the sayian needs to be pure at heart of either good or evil to achieve the transformation.
So it's like they took the idea of Super Sayian and split it to two for Kageki and DoRinki.

In Dragon Ball series, the Sayian characters could go beyond after they reached Super Sayian.

The writers of Gekirangers should have allowed the character to developed higher form of ki beyond Kageki and DoRinki, showing they kept on developing.

Which is one major part that makes this series so worth watching, character growing stronger and stronger as story went on.

Jan once did something they could use but they didn't(I'll discuss about this is a separate topic)

One thing they definitely done better is tying "beast hearts" to Kageki and DoRinki, making they look more relevant to JyuKen

Anybody think there are other things they could have done more about KaGeki and DoRinki?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KaGeki & DoRinki

Post by takenoko »

I figured that this would be a problem considering how early on KaGeki was introduced. But then again, KaGeki kept growing, with Jan and Retsu doing KaGeki Kensan.

Genki trumped DoRinki, so DoRinki wasn't the ultimate power anyway
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Nope. But apparently the step below that, Rinki was. They used Rinki to seal Long after all.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I'm not entirely sure they did. Isn't Rinki made of human suffering and screams? Doesn't seem like the kind of thing for good guys to use XD
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I know. That's what has me so puzzeled about it, but that's what they said. The 3 Kenma taught the ultimate Ringi to the Gekirangers in order to defeat Long.
Warrior of Zarona
!Wizards
!Wizards

Post by Warrior of Zarona »

How about the screams and suffering of the villans when Ringi is used on them?

Kinda like Long when he finally got sealed. :lol:
gekiwaza
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Keitai Sousakan 7
Dreamy: The KS7 female cast
My boom: mic

Post by gekiwaza »

Warrior of Zarona wrote:How about the screams and suffering of the villans when Ringi is used on them?
Thats pretty much what I was thinking too, because I was wondering how they were gonna let Mele and Rio use there Ringi after episode 47. Then I watched 48 and saw the answer to the whole "Whats going to happen to there power" question.
johnnytalker
Adventure
Favorite series: Super Sentai Series

Post by johnnytalker »

takenoko wrote:I'm not entirely sure they did. Isn't Rinki made of human suffering and screams? Doesn't seem like the kind of thing for good guys to use XD
Saejima Kouga wrote:I know. That's what has me so puzzeled about it, but that's what they said. The 3 Kenma taught the ultimate Ringi to the Gekirangers in order to defeat Long.
How bout considering the sealing as a Rinki technique, but used with a different power? Sort of the Gekiranger learning of its Geki equivalent while at the RinJyuDen. The ball was gold with the Geki seal but gray with the Rinki seal, if I remember it right.
Warrior of Zarona wrote:How about the screams and suffering of the villans when Ringi is used on them? Kinda like Long when he finally got sealed. :lol:
I guess it's the other way around. Rinki can be used when there are screams and sufferings. With Long, it was the sealing "wave" first before he screamed, so using Rinki wouldn't have been possible on that. That's just my opinion though.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It makes sense that the sealing technique is the ultimate Rinki since being locked away like that is the ultimate suffering.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Warrior of Zarona wrote:How about the screams and suffering of the villans when Ringi is used on them?

Kinda like Long when he finally got sealed. :lol:
You and the person above my post here both have good points. I think I'm inclined to agree.
Tendou Souji
Mega
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Momotaros
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Rider Chips
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Setsuna F Seiei

Post by Tendou Souji »

This is too difficult for me to understand....
Ninja Clown
Number 6
Number 6

Post by Ninja Clown »

I think they used the Rinki Rio gave them, rather than generating their own.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ninja Clown wrote:I think they used the Rinki Rio gave them, rather than generating their own.
But he used up all his Rinki to blow himself up
teh_unknown1
Honey System
Favorite series: Magi, Den-O, GARO
Dreamy: Satou Takeru. ^_^
Favorite Band: MSI right now.
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by teh_unknown1 »

takenoko wrote:
Ninja Clown wrote:I think they used the Rinki Rio gave them, rather than generating their own.
But he used up all his Rinki to blow himself up
But didn't Rio give the core GekiRangers Rinki before he did the suicide-GekiWaza?
shinigami_bruche
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: GekiRanger
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by shinigami_bruche »

The technique they used to seal him wasnt RinJyuken or GekiJyuken it was straight up Jyuken. Rio wanted to end RinJyuken by uniting the two. he gave them RinGi so that they could use it with their Geki to create a technique that would seal Long away. JyuKen no Ogi, DouKokuGan.
Thank you GekiRanger for having a Purple Ranger.

Return to “Jyuken Sentai GekiRanger”