Get a fist full of Kung-Fu action!
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Boukenger | GekiRanger | Go-Onger >
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Too many of Long's Gengi's were unnamed

Post by DarkRobin »

Long demonstrated several attack techniques, it would had been nice to hear their titles.

We've him making his Genki into a form of arrow, which is a nice techique, turning your own energy into a weapon.
His lightning bolt strikes. Well it could simply be just called lightning bolts but since they were his unique power they should given them a name.

He also used his Genki to attack Mele in form of a dragon, much like Rio and three Gekiranger's signature Geki/RinBeast attacks.

Instead only his special effect Gengi were named.
pinchekame
7X
Favorite series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Mele
Favorite Band: Doco

Re: Too many of Long's Gengi's were unnamed

Post by pinchekame »

Didn't he just bite down on Mele?

I like that some of his powers / attacks didn't have name. Long is an immortal god. To him, these nameless attacks are just part of his normal power.

How annoying would it have been for him to say "Gengi Transformation" every time he assumed the form of somebody for manipulation purpose i.e. transforming into Gou and Jan to turn Rio away from the Holy Land? Or giving a name every time he turned into that Golden dust when he was floating around?
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

pinchekame wrote:Didn't he just bite down on Mele?

I like that some of his powers / attacks didn't have name. Long is an immortal god. To him, these nameless attacks are just part of his normal power.

How annoying would it have been for him to say "Gengi Transformation" every time he assumed the form of somebody for manipulation purpose i.e. transforming into Gou and Jan to turn Rio away from the Holy Land? Or giving a name every time he turned into that Golden dust when he was floating around?
I agree with you only 50%

Rio doesn't say Rinki Gaiso all the time, or Ginki Gaiso, neither does Mele for her transformations. But they said the words enough for us to know.

Even if Long transformation doesn' need names, what about his comabt techniques?
Sure his god-like dragon being, so maybe his abilities do not needed to be named due to the fact he's near omnipotent. But if that was the case, they don't even need to name any of his Gengi, including the Ki conversion and Soul gathering techique. Since they were named, so should his combat moves, at least some of them.
pinchekame
7X
Favorite series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Mele
Favorite Band: Doco

Post by pinchekame »

Well I think part of the problem stems from the fact that GenJyuKen was introduced to the audience almost 10 episodes after Long's debut. To make him mysterious, they have him not verbalize any of his gengi techniques.

Despite shooting lightning bolts, and some dragon aura he sent at people...he didn't really have many battle techniques. If anything, I wish Long would have demonstrated a lot more gengi techniques that would have added to menacing god-like demeanor
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Now that I think about it, it is kinda odd some of them weren't named. I guess it's where Long was the creator of GenJyuKen that his techniques were the ultimate Gengi waza, so to show that, that's why they weren't named.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

pinchekame wrote:Well I think part of the problem stems from the fact that GenJyuKen was introduced to the audience almost 10 episodes after Long's debut. To make him mysterious, they have him not verbalize any of his gengi techniques.

Despite shooting lightning bolts, and some dragon aura he sent at people...he didn't really have many battle techniques. If anything, I wish Long would have demonstrated a lot more gengi techniques that would have added to menacing god-like demeanor

Yeah, they introduced started Long's appearance on the show long enough for is "mysterious character" status. But not to few episodes to explore his whole details.

Well, other than his dragon aura and lighting bolts, he also had that Genki arrow he was going to shoot Jan with, it would have be nice to know the name of that Gengi

Return to “Jyuken Sentai GekiRanger”