Wiki Link

< Boukenger | GekiRanger | Go-Onger >
Digital Masta
Favorite series: Gekiranger
Favorite Band: FLOW
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Confused about Gou and Ken...

Post by Digital Masta »

One thing I'm confused about his how Gou and Ken keep up with the enemies post-Kageki, becuase they don't have it.

I was under the impression that Shigeki rivals Kageki and that Gou is sort of in a constant state of Shigeki where the others have to "power up". Also I'm assuming being an overall better martial artist than the others helps him too.

I'm also under the impression that while Ken doesn't have Kageki and even said it himself that he doesn't, his incredible control over his geki is what allows him to keep up.
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself
Alignment: Neutral

Re: Confused about Gou and Ken...

Post by Tuss4 »

so what are you confused about?

Digital Masta
Favorite Band: FLOW

Post by Digital Masta »

Rather, I'm looking for others opinions because I was never confident that was the case.
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

Ken's Geki Kensan grants him high level abilities to rival Kageki. It becomes something of a moot point once the others are able to use Geki Kensan (and even Kageki Kensan), but Toei needed a fifth character since 4 is unlucky :P .
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

4? Unlucky? Shi-geki isn't? =P. It could be thought of as "Death Geki" but to the death of whom?
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

Somehow I never noticed that one.
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

Digital Masta wrote:One thing I'm confused about his how Gou and Ken keep up with the enemies post-Kageki, becuase they don't have it.

I was under the impression that Shigeki rivals Kageki and that Gou is sort of in a constant state of Shigeki where the others have to "power up". Also I'm assuming being an overall better martial artist than the others helps him too.

I'm also under the impression that while Ken doesn't have Kageki and even said it himself that he doesn't, his incredible control over his geki is what allows him to keep up.

Well as you mentioned, Gou's ShiGeki seem to rival the power of KaGeki, which makes him just about as strong as any of the original three Gekirangers in their powered up states. There's another thing to consider, remember Gou is pretty much the older brother in training to the three Gekirangers, he, Miki, Rio, and Dan were in the same class under Master Sha-Fu around the time Ran, Retsu and Jan were just little kidss. So his skills, experience and levels of power are obviously make him formidable enough to fight powerful villians alongside the rangers with KaGeki. Also, maybe 10 years wondering in wild made him tougher, Rio felt Gou was a lot stronger than before when he first transformed into GekiViolet

As for Ken. The skills he developed, the unique amazing ability to condense and turn normal Geki into diamond-hard blades allow him to powerful damage, something that can rival attacks of KaGeki.

So these two had enough to keep up with the three rangers, and strong enough to fight powerful enemies.
Ninja Clown
Number 6
Number 6

Post by Ninja Clown »

Well, it appeared that Gou was as powerful as the core team combined before they went super, since Gon Gon Ken completely canceled out Geki Geki Hou (Ran even remarked that their power was the same) but fell slightly behind the Super Gekirangers.

Ken seemed to have some rather powerful abilities derived from Geki Kensan, but he didn't have the progression the others did--in fact, I'd say that by the end of the series, he was probably the weakest individually, and just had the strongest individual mecha.
Ryushin
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Location: I come from the land down, where beer flows and men shunder( not really but awesome song)

Post by Ryushin »

But another question could be is why Ken in all his training (or lack thereof) did he not achieve KaGeki. He did reach Ran, Jan, and Retsu's state of mastery or so it seems.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Ryushin wrote:But another question could be is why Ken in all his training (or lack thereof) did he not achieve KaGeki. He did reach Ran, Jan, and Retsu's state of mastery or so it seems.
Because Ken was just lazy and chasing chicks to achieve Kageki.
Ryushin
Location: I come from the land down, where beer flows and men shunder( not really but awesome song)

Post by Ryushin »

Oh so that's what I need to do. Sweet, that's a lot easier than training. =D
Crossrunner83
Infinity
Favorite series: Kabuto,Kiva, or Geki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Favorite Actor?: Johnny Yong Bosch
Favorite Band: Eyeshine
My boom: Kiva

Post by Crossrunner83 »

You do know Ken developed Ka-geki later on in the show right? There wasnt a big commotion over it, but Ken used it when he borrowed a geki claw
Open your eyes to the next Faiz
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Ken doesn't ever get Kageki though?
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Using the Geki Claw doesn't mean that Gou achieved Kageki. I think part of the requirements for Kageki training is being part of a triangle team. Wasn't it mentioned that nobody had achieved Kageki before Jan, Ran, and Retsu?

Gou's Shigeki can rival Kageki but he was still learning to master it. It was only when he learned Tenchi Tenbenda were we able to see Shigeki's full potential.

Ken is an idiot savant so it would be difficult to place him in a triangle team or use normal training methods to hone his skills. His raw talent more than makes up for his lack of Kageki but leaves everyone wondering how he is able to achieve amazing displays of skill despite his shoddy work ethic.
Crossrunner83
Infinity
Favorite series: Kabuto,Kiva, or Geki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Favorite Actor?: Johnny Yong Bosch
Favorite Band: Eyeshine
My boom: Kiva

Post by Crossrunner83 »

I'm failry positive ken achieved ka geki in the show... let me look through my episodes then i can say oh it your face or Dang it i was wrong :( lol
Open your eyes to the next Faiz

Return to “Jyuken Sentai GekiRanger”