Jan should have mastered a power he once demonstrated.

Get a fist full of Kung-Fu action!
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Boukenger | GekiRanger | Go-Onger >
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Jan should have mastered a power he once demonstrated.

Post by DarkRobin »

As I mentioned in one of my previous post.

They belittled KaGeki too much, and it was supposed to be the ultimate level of Gekiyuken

If they were working on the idea of Gekirangers suppressing that they could give that a form of more-powerful-than-KaGeki Geki.

I believe Jan, even Dan once demonstrated this kind of power.

In Rio's flashback, Dan as the shadowy white tiger figure, and Jan in lesson 19 bot emit a powerful energy or ki, this ki is way more fierce and powerful-looking than how KaGeki looks as the series went on.

If anyone feels a clarification is required. In my earlier post, a similarity between achieving KaGeki and a Sayian becoming Super Sayian was mentioned. And what Jan did in Lesson 19 seemed to very much like a Sayian bypassing Super Sayian and went straight to Super Sayian 2. The ki Jan and Dan in Rio's memory gave off at those times were much more intense than how KaGeki looks, not only they were powerfully stong current of energy, they also had lighting-like sparks, much like aura of Super Sayian 2, which also has electrical sparking.

It also appeared that what Jan was manifesting wasn't just KeGeki in the way that it started when Jan was reminded of him being a Tiger-Ken practitioner, or rather, a tiger, and a spectacular occurence, his eyes glowed the pattern of eyes of a tiger, then they glowed even brighter, and we see the tiger, or the spirit of tiger in him roaring more ferociously than the rest of entire series ever had.

That striked as either the way to ultimately master JyuKen. It is a martial art that achieve skills, strength and power by sensing the heart of beast within one, so when Jan remembered, or was reminded of him being a tiger, or fully embraced the beast within him, a unmatched power was manifested.

That should have be explored and worked on more as the series progressed from that point, but they didn't.
It'd be really wonderful if we get to use the tiger-ferocious side and the power of it Jan was showing again.
pinchekame
7X
Favorite series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Mele
Favorite Band: Doco

Re: Jan should have mastered a power he once demonstrated.

Post by pinchekame »

Good Post. I bet if the writers had more than the 49 episode limit to work with, then a lot of these different avenues could have been developed further...

I personally would have enjoyed Jan's hidden powers to heigthen and surface in the last story arc vs Long. Given the history of Jan's past revealed, Long could have provoked Jan to surpass his limits and we could have seen an awesome final fight...right before the triangle sealed him.
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

pinchekame wrote:Good Post. I bet if the writers had more than the 49 episode limit to work with, then a lot of these different avenues could have been developed further...

I personally would have enjoyed Jan's hidden powers to heigthen and surface in the last story arc vs Long. Given the history of Jan's past revealed, Long could have provoked Jan to surpass his limits and we could have seen an awesome final fight...right before the triangle sealed him.

Basically, Gekiranger didn't have much of development after they achieved KaGeki, and the final fight with the power of both Geki JyuKen and RinJyuken style could go better.

And yeah, given dragon and tiger and eternal rivals in legends, Jan surpassing limits to the point to rival Long would be great in a final confrontation.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

That last part is true.

Or atleast they could have let Jan eat long and Jan's inner power be what destroys him. It'd seem kinda weird, but story wise that'd of been interesting.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.

Return to “Jyuken Sentai GekiRanger”