Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Re: GCCX 012 released

Post by Battra »

Wow Takeshi's Castle I remember watching the show religiously when it was brought over here a renamed MXC. Looks like Arino got a nice workout from the game. That candy store looked cool Arino certainly wasted alot of money gambling on that car game.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

I think my favourite part of this episode is when he visits the GameCenter in Odawara and interacts with the children.
Castis
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by Castis »

Congratulations on the release. I'm a big fan of the show and it was a fun episode. It really gives you an idea of how hard he works to finish the games, mentally and physically.

On a separate note, I believe there are some incorrect translations throughout the episode, most apparent until about 17:00 throughout the Game Center segment. I've compiled some corrections if you are interested. If I understand correctly, I can paste them into the discussion tab on the wiki page in the first post?

Edit: As Phoenix mentioned, if it's not an issue I'll list them here.

01:15 ものたりん空気出しやがって Isn't he talking about the disappointed mood that happened at the end? I believe this is also incorrect at 56:50, the joke being that he worked so hard but feels like everyone isn't satisfied.

11:10 The game is played with 10 yen, the certificate you can get is worth 20-30 yen.

12:30 For Kero-kero Pakkun, I think the little girl is telling him to release the lever slightly, not to let him talk a little.
At 12:57 she's telling him that there are flies (ハエもいる), not saying time over.
At 13:07 Arino jokes about the girl talking about the other game so soon (もう次の話になってん), not suggesting they play that next.

13:45 こうなってくるとおっちゃん弱い seems like a joke on how he is bad at situations like this, not the way he is sitting.

15:02 At the part with the cup game, he jokes about the テンション低いネエちゃん, because the electronic voice sounds so unenthusiastic. "There's no tension with this game.." is a little ambiguous because it makes no reference to the woman's voice and doesn't clarify that tension means something different in Japanese. At 15:38 it's the same thing with the "too bad" line.

16:22 During the Super Cars game, I think the line about borrowing 1000yen is actually 子どもたちの声援.
Last edited by Castis on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Yeah you can do that and/or mention them here.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Castis wrote:On a separate note, I believe there are some incorrect translations throughout the episode, most apparent until about 17:00 throughout the Game Center segment. I've compiled some corrections if you are interested. If I understand correctly, I can paste them into the discussion tab on the wiki page in the first post?

Edit: As Phoenix mentioned, if it's not an issue I'll list them here.
Thanks, GCX is always a bit of a slog to get through and I think we end up making the most mistakes in it because Arino's accent is difficult and after a while you just don't care anymore. If you're interested, there's always translation positions open~
Castis
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by Castis »

I agree with you that hearing Arino can be difficult. If there are still positions available, I would be interested in assisting with future episodes.

Return to “GameCenter CX”