Rising to the Top

Re: GCX 10 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

*facepalms when saw the message "can't wait for it to finish downloading"*
SwordHero1
Kamen Knight

Post by SwordHero1 »

You kinda have to realize how much harder this is for him when you think about it.

In the overseas version, when you have a superpower like Fire or Raccoon, when you take a hit, it goes to Super Mario. The Japanese version instead goes straight to small Mario. This minor change made the game a LOT easier.
Badoor
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by Badoor »

OMG thank you thank you THANK YOU!!! I've been lurking around these forums waiting for a new episode and I just joined a few days ago just to thank you for doing a great job on the GCCX episodes. And now a new episode is out. Thank you!
Red
Gao

Post by Red »

Ugh... I love Arino but that was painful to watch... I can't say I'm surprised, though... Mario 3 is not a game one can beat their first time. It takes a lot of skill, experience, and PLANNING to make it to the end, especially if you're using warps. He really should've used his strategy guide more. If he did, he might not have wasted his P-Wing too early and used it on the Fighter Convoy or 8-1... He might've also read that one can bypass the ENTIRE ordeal of the Battleship stage by just swimming underNEATH the ships. -_- It's sad but trying to do it in one sitting with no practice, not really using the guide, AND playing for 18 hours straight... The ending was inevitable... :( Hopefully, he'll have more luck with Mario World.

As for TV-Nihon... THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOOOOOOOOOOU!!!!!!! ;_;
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I think it's a lot more earnest when Arino tries to go at it, then refers to the strategy guide or manual after failing a bit. It might take longer, but the experience is a lot more interesting that way
Mr Jim
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Densha Otoko
Dreamy: Cutie Honey
Favorite Actor?: Shigeki Hosokawa
Favorite Band: The Doors
My boom: Japan

Post by Mr Jim »

Phoenix512 wrote:*facepalms when saw the message "can't wait for it to finish downloading"*
What? Why the facepalm?
http://www.youtube.com/MrJim
I come & go as I please...but only if I want to...
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Because it doesn't contribute anything to the thread especially when it's said in the first few posts. You could have waited to finish watching the episode before you posted.
Mr Jim
7X

Post by Mr Jim »

I just wanted to thank TVN for subbing it & that I looked forward to watching it.

What cause did that make you want to offend me?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

And again, you could have waited until you finished watching the episode to say all of that. I'm not targeting you specifically but it's just annoying to see someone posting "can't wait to watch the episode". It doesn't contribute anything at all. You would make another post to talk about your thoughts about the episode anyway. So just wait until you're finished watching the episode to thank us and talk about the actual episode.

I say this to anyone who posts that not just you.
boukenbluekiva
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by boukenbluekiva »

Anyone else notice the Kamen Rider Blade action figures? XDD
Spoiler
so they plan to continue this,
(Well if I had a job where I get paid for playing video games almost all day I would not want it to end neither. XDD)

If you excuse me I have to find my copy of Mario 3, which for some unknown reason I really want to play it. XDD

Ten Years of Power,Wisdom, and Henshin
Mr Jim
7X

Post by Mr Jim »

Phoenix512 wrote:And again, you could have waited until you finished watching the episode to say all of that. I'm not targeting you specifically but it's just annoying to see someone posting "can't wait to watch the episode". It doesn't contribute anything at all. You would make another post to talk about your thoughts about the episode anyway. So just wait until you're finished watching the episode to thank us and talk about the actual episode.

I say this to anyone who posts that not just you.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
SirLarr
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by SirLarr »

Phoenix512 wrote:I say this to anyone who posts that not just you.
Hmm, in that case, I did something similar. As I'd interpret it, he was merely expressing his excitement that a new episode was released (as I was). With that in mind, would you prefer posts of this nature simply not be made? I assumed that posts celebrating your hard work and expressing excitement about the release would reward (in some small way) those that volunteer their time to translate this awesome show.

Not trying to make you feel guilty or anything, just trying to get a fix on what discussion goes where. Does that sort of thing go in another forum, or would you rather not see it at all?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Phoenix isn't reacting to the celebrity post. He's reacting to the fact that the post was made before seeing the episode, thus they really can't say anything about the content or add to the discussion in any meaningful way. Like it's nice and all, but it's kind of a hollow post with no substance

In general, we prefer that people post after seeing the episode so that they can actually contribute something interesting to the discussion
SwordHero1
Kamen Knight

Post by SwordHero1 »

Red wrote:He might've also read that one can bypass the ENTIRE ordeal of the Battleship stage by just swimming underNEATH the ships. -_-
Actually... that wouldn't work too well.

In fact, here. Lemme post this. It will give you a lot of insight on this game. http://themushroomkingdom.net/smb3_j-e.shtml
MorbidSnail
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by MorbidSnail »

Hurray thanks so much for this episode, I really enjoyed it.

I was frustrated right along with arino. I had forgotten how hard SMB3 was! What a great end to season 2. Thanks again!!

Return to “GameCenter CX”