Kamigaminoki Released

Animated animation
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Kamigaminoki Released

Post by Lunagel »

I dare you to not get the theme song stuck in your head.

I'm a bit of a nerd for mythology so this mini anime was right up my alley. Medjed's lots of fun and the chibi!Ra/Bastet/Anubis are super cute. Translation-wise this was a bit of an experiment as I was trying to make this as newbie-friendly as possible. Plus I had fun with typesetting the onomatopoeia words, so I hope you enjoyed that too.

Incidentally all the voices were done by the same dude. Also, Medjed is a real god, although he only appears in like one or two locations in Egyptian mythology (that we know of). He kinda boomed in popularity in Japan awhile back and thus this anime was created. In real life he looks like this:
So not much difference lol

Many thanks to thatlittleegyptologist for her assistance with translation and phrasing (and hieroglyphs!)
Blackcondorguy
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Band: Dinosaur Jr
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: Kamigaminoki Released

Post by Blackcondorguy »

This is funny and instructive. Thanks!
I had never heard of Medjed, before. I wonder how an obscure Egyptian deity boomed in popularity in Japan in the 21st century...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Kamigaminoki Released

Post by takenoko »

Well ain't Medjed a little cutie. The anime was funny with the non-sequitors but maybe some of the stories should have had an ending???

Return to “Anime (Completed)”