Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

MegaRanger 38 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/MegaRanger_38

I've been waiting for this episode. The NejiRanger suits are kind of nice. Kind of GranSazery.

I also like the M versus N rivalry. Those two letters have always been competitors in my book. So close, yet so different!

NejiYellow is voiced by Katsuki Masako, who's done stuff like Sailor Neptune and Phone Braver 2.

I also enjoyed the random little moral tales in the episode. Like the foreshadowing at the beginning where Kubota tells them to not abuse their Digitizers, which later becomes a major plot issue later. Or the dangers of using mini computers in public. Some monster might drop out of the sky and punch you in the face!

Man, the public sure took a beating this episode. I don't remember the last time there were heroes who indirectly caused so many civilian casualties.

It's pretty amusing that their plan is to trace the MegaRangers' signals so that they can defeat them before their transformation completes. What? Have these guys not seen a Sentai? There are guys who can't stop them from transforming when they're just a few feet away!

Did I miss something? Why would calling the Keitaizer be okay when using the Digitizer in any way would expose them as MegaRangers?
jonty
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: MegaRanger 38 released

Post by jonty »

takenoko wrote: Did I miss something? Why would calling the Keitaizer be okay when using the Digitizer in any way would expose them as MegaRangers?
Yeah, that confused me, too. I think we were supposed to believe that Kouichirou's plan was the Digitank distraction; we're supposed to forget that using the Digitizer at all would reveal them?

If the Keitaizer acts like a cellphone, couldn't they have just called Yuusaku from a landline?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>If the Keitaizer acts like a cellphone, couldn't they have just called Yuusaku from a landline?

Or a normal cellphone, which was what I thought was going to happen.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

takenoko wrote:Did I miss something? Why would calling the Keitaizer be okay when using the Digitizer in any way would expose them as MegaRangers?
I think because of the NejiRanger tighten their detection net to block out all the PDF signals, they can only detect stronger signal like the actual henshin. So the Megaragners are able to use the Digitizer for communications.

Or like jonty said, the writers assumed we'd forget about that plot point
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Been looking forward to seeing this arc in it's original language. Liked that when the Neziranger's first showed up that their costumes had all purple squares across the white just to set them apart even though those suits were disposed of quickly. Makes me wonder if there was extra footage shot with civilians reacting negatively toward are main characters? Onward to the next episode in the arc.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
captainjack913
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim

Post by captainjack913 »

Hope I wasn't the only one to think of my smartphone when they were describing the PDAs
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I was thinking "Hah! They have touch screens now!"
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

This arc in the PR version was a lot of what made it great, at least in my book. A story that spans several episodes, gives us a break from giant battles (which are awesome, but can get repetitive), and puts a serious obstacle in the way that the heroes have to outsmart. Seeing the original, it's great to see how closely Saban followed it (and Megaranger in general, where it counts, at least).

They'd be smart to give Gokaiger a similar treatment when the time comes. They can play around with the theme a bit like they did with Mega/Space (maybe they're somehow real pirates from the 17th century?), but I don't want to see them drastically change or totally ignore stuff like Sid/Barizorg, Gai being a fanboy, and the Greatest Treasure.

Spoiler
So it's red that gets his identity discovered by a kid in the original? I'm pretty sure it was Carlos/Black in the PR version. Too bad, Andros is such a totally different person from Kenta, kind of cold and distant. That would have been fun to watch. :lol:

Return to “Sentai-Denji Sentai MegaRanger”