Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/MegaRanger_44

A recap episode, but it's funny.
jonty
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: MegaRanger 44 released

Post by jonty »

What was up with the jarring change in the episode titles? I mean, I know it was a silly clip episode, but the lack of consistency irks my OCD tendencies.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Maybe they couldn't find the usual text effect guy because he went home for New Year's.
jonty
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by jonty »

"Damn it; Kyousuke's on vacation, and he's the one that usually does the titles."

"Can't you just do it yourself?"

"What?! It's plain white text with black outline and drop shadow. What am I, a wizard? I'll just do a bunch of bouncing red-outlined text."
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Decent clip episode. The section focusing on Nejirejia reminded me of how much Shiborena used to do at the start of the series. Hopefully she'll get some action now that the NejiRangers are gone.

The best part, hands-down, was the English version of the main theme. I was not expecting that, and I was impressed at how closely it mirrored the Japanese lyrics without losing the feel of the original.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I really thought that Keita had his Digitizer on his right wrist all this time until I remember that's the Battle Riser. It would have been funny if it was on his right wrist for the entire time.

I wonder if the clip editor was like "Let's put all the moments where Miku was being a glutton because it would be funny!" because it was funny.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

As someone who is rarely a fan of clip shows, I appreciate the fact that they used a sepia tone on most of the flashbacks. Honestly it made it easier to skip past them and move on to the handful of story bits.

Out of what little new content there was, I really liked the exchange with Kubota. Having him thank the rangers for their hard work and then let them continue horsing around is almost touching.
PHurricane wrote:The best part, hands-down, was the English version of the main theme. I was not expecting that, and I was impressed at how closely it mirrored the Japanese lyrics without losing the feel of the original.
That definitely came out of nowhere. And since we don't get English theme songs these days, it was rather quaint. Completely unnecessary, but quaint. :P
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I just like the lyrics for it. It's fairly faithful to the original lyrics, surprisingly.

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/MEGARANGER ... ERDELIX%22
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Very fun clip show, it's always nice when the production staff puts some effort into these instead of just giving us voice overs with clips running.
I like how Kenta comes back and the rest are all sitting there ready to bust his balls. I'm surprised they gave us an english version of the opening, I guess Megaranger was popular enough with the english speaking audience in Japan that they tossed it for a treat.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Battra wrote:I guess Megaranger was popular enough with the english speaking audience in Japan that they tossed it for a treat.
Eh, I wouldn't say that; every Sentai from Carranger to Timeranger had an English version of their song made up (Gingaman and Time's were done by the original singers, the others were done by this "Mickey" singer person) and most if not all ended up being used around this point.
Kuuga also had an Eng. OP and ED made up too, but, I'd guess that was just to get it out of their system or something. :lol:

Return to “Sentai-Denji Sentai MegaRanger”