Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

MegaRanger 46 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/MegaRanger_46

While watching this episode, I kept wondering how fast the vehicles must be going to make it from the moon to Earth in minutes. Kind of seems like it'd be easier to keep the Voyager Machines in orbit or something XD

Terrorizing Japan to make everyone get on boats is a pretty good plan on Nejirejia's part. I mean, escaping Japan to avoid the attacks might be the most logical plan that anyone living in any toku plot has ever come up with.

I thought it was cool that they got a boat to film on, but the cameraman's shaky cam got a bit annoying. Looks like the boat is called Sunflower Satsuma (it's written on the boat and in Japanese on the life preserver)

If you want to feel old, here's how Takeshi's actor looks now:
http://beacon-lab-entertainment.com/artist/yosukeasari/
BuraddoRun
7X
Favorite series: Go-Onger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Takeshi Kitano
Favorite Band: Momoiro Clover Z
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MLB
Quote: "Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18

Re: MegaRanger 46 released

Post by BuraddoRun »

Ha! I like coincidences in life. So I've been watching Mousou Kanojo that "Takeshi" is the lead actor in. My understanding of Japanese is limited, and to my knowledge no one is subtitling it, but it's enjoyable enough even without subs. And it has Hiromu's (from Go-Busters) actor in it also.

Hmm...I wonder if the ship was on a real voyage when they filmed. I'm sure it wasn't, LOL. But wouldn't be kind a cool thing, to be able to be an extra on a show because you signed up to ride on a particular weekend or something?

Anyway, thanks for another episode!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

No kidding? He's only 27 years old, guess he really grew up. I added Mousou Kanojo to his profile, do you know his name in the show off chance?
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Asari_Yosuke#TV
BuraddoRun
7X
Favorite series: Go-Onger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Takeshi Kitano
Favorite Band: Momoiro Clover Z
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MLB
Quote: "Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18

Post by BuraddoRun »

Yosuke's (Yousuke?) character is Takashima Keisuke (Kei-kun). He has a blog where he talks about his "fantasy" (what most English websites say) girlfriend Haru-chan. Of course I like to say "delusionary" girlfriend. Same thing, but since Akibaranger taught me what "mousou" means I go with that wording. He posts pics of himself with "her," which is often just his hand in a wig. LOL. Until one night when a shooting star comes by at the turn of the midnight hour on his birthday he wishes he had a real girlfriend. He wakes up hours later and voila: Haru-chan is real!

Ito Takuma is Suzuki Katsuhiro's character in the show. He's the boyfriend (ex maybe..I'm not 100% sure) of one of Keisuke's friends. He hasn't shown up too much yet.

And as it turns out, Haru-Chan was in Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider W & Decade: Movie War 2010. She's Tackle! Hirose Alice.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Cool. So many connections. Got to love actor trivia!
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

Takenoko, you linked to http://tvarc.toei.co.jp/tv/user/program ... =46&SID=48 on the wiki page, but all I get is "This web page is not available ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT", and after only a few seconds. It looks to me like that page on Toei's website is dead.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I probably made those pages a while ago before I found out they were dead. I haven't really gone through to get rid of the old links.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Man, I can't think of the last time the current series have done anything on a boat. Not that there aren't a bunch of other cool places they shoot at these days, but a boat just isn't something you see these days.

So it's an illusion monster, but its special ability is warping around? :P I'm almost a bit disappointed. I was hoping this would be one of those kinds of episodes where they find out the monster has been hiding in front of them the whole time, and its other appearances were all just illusions.
takenoko wrote:Terrorizing Japan to make everyone get on boats is a pretty good plan on Nejirejia's part. I mean, escaping Japan to avoid the attacks might be the most logical plan that anyone living in any toku plot has ever come up with.
I'll award them 8 points for ingenuity on the writers' part, but 0 points for practicality. I know this is a Japan-centric show, but what monster ever stops with a relatively small island nation?
Last edited by ViRGE on Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Hey its the ship from Mechagodzilla 74, nice to see it featured again in Toku.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

Return to “Sentai-Denji Sentai MegaRanger”