Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

MegaRanger 48 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/MegaRanger_48

So in this technology themed show, souls exist. And they can't be destroyed, but they can get converted to digital cards. But wait, the tower blew up, so that should have released their souls again, right?

Also, the secret identities thing finally has a consequence. I can't think of a super hero show where this has been an issue, but I like this. It feels warm and nostalgic.

Has Hinelar even seen the MegaRangers as high school kids before? How would he even track down five kids that he's never seen before?
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: MegaRanger 48 released

Post by PHurricane »

I was wondering when the time bomb was going to go off.

I'm impressed that it took this long for the villains to discover the heroes' identities. The only other time I can think of a similar premise in super sentai was in Kyouryuuger, when the team wanted to keep their identities secret from each other - and that only lasted a whopping three episodes.

If Hinelar can convert humans into data cards, I'm sure he can figure out what school the Megarangers are from based on their school uniform. The boys have what I understand to be pretty common uniforms, but the girls uniforms could probably allow him to narrow down the possibilities. Or he could cheat and whip out a deus ex machina scanner that now allows him to scan the city for them just because he saw them.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

I found it pretty amazing how the Nejiranger reappearance scared both Hinelar and the Megaranger. Considering how late into the series they appeared, they are already established as being formidable opponents.

It's also interesting that Hinelar can be blamed for the Nejiranger reappearance, him having to leave the tower and the ensuing destruction of Hinelar City. It is him who originally programmed them to only function on their hatred for the Megaranger - and it is that hatred that led to their own restoration from ghosts and also the restoration of the Megaranger from data cards.

Nice to see more of Yuusaku. I really wish his fight vs. Yugande was a bit longer though.
Behold the Emperor!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Having the NejiRangers to come back only to basically to get the MegaRangers out of their digital prison kinda ruins the previous end of them. MegaSilver was on his way to save them, why couldn't he could be the one to save them? The NejiRangers had a great end to them but they get brought back for a merger plot escape for the MegaRangers.

Return to “Sentai-Denji Sentai MegaRanger”