Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: MegaRanger VS CarRanger released

Post by takenoko »

That's good to hear. Encoding the TimeRanger DVDs was driving me nuts.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Monkeyjb1988 wrote:Just a heads up: Time vs GogoV is an upscaled team-up but it does look WAY better than any encode of the Timeranger DVDs.
Aww. I was hoping for some true HD Timeranger goodness.:( But thanks for the heads up.
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

ViRGE wrote:
Monkeyjb1988 wrote:Just a heads up: Time vs GogoV is an upscaled team-up but it does look WAY better than any encode of the Timeranger DVDs.
Aww. I was hoping for some true HD Timeranger goodness.:( But thanks for the heads up.
Sorry. However, I think Time vs GogoV was just like that because that was how Toei was going to handle the series and I'm presuming the team-up was a test. Oh vs. Kaku was the first to get the blurry video as a test for Carranger (I know it was blurry before I saw an HD encode). IF Timeranger gets a series release, it's a good bet it'll be true HD.

Also, I hate upscaling as much as anyone and I still hope Toei does a proper remaster for Time vs. GogoV and the others. However, Time vs. GogoV does look pretty good. You might be satisfied if and when TV-Nihon subs it. Like I said before, heads and tails above the series DVD in any case :)
09MurphyM
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by 09MurphyM »

Do you think you will also do Megaranger vs Gingaman?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

09MurphyM wrote:Do you think you will also do Megaranger vs Gingaman?
Yup!
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

They're already up to Carranger? It looks like they're releasing two a year, one in the spring (Carranger drops in April) and one in the fall. I'm glad you finished Megaranger, at this rate, they'll have it and Gingaman out before too long.

I know the whole point of their releases is to show people the source material for PR, but I'd really like to see them backtrack just a little bit and do Jetman. It probably doesn't make a lot of sense to do EVERY series (I could be wrong, how well are these things selling?), but a few of the more important years would be nice. Goranger (first series), Battle Fever J (first robots), and Sun Vulcan (established a number of series tropes) are significant. Jetman and Liveman are supposed to be really good, and it might just be fun to see newcomers say "Isn't that Burai?" if Changeman were to be released.
rubius
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Lupinranger vs. Patranger
Dreamy: Patren Sango/Magine
Favorite Actor?: N/A
Favorite Band: Rider Girls/Chips

Post by rubius »

Lunagel wrote:
Gallus Faberge wrote:I liked it too, the Carrangers seems to be a lovely bunch. I want to see more of them *wink, wink, hint, hint*
Been licensed, please support the official release.
yeah but still, i bought shout factory's version of Kakuranger and Ohranger and compared to you guys they suck... i mean they don't even include the vs or movies in the set i mean there should have been a Kakuranger vs Zyuranger and i know there's a Ohranger vs Kakuranger that they missed who's to say they would handle Carranger vs Ohranger and besides all they use is a blocky yellow for all text and nothing special for the transformations or weapons or anything, so pardon me while i will support the series i'm hoping that you guys keep up the great work on the Vs. like this one.

although i did notice 1 snafu, during the sentai vs monster battle pink racer says wheel spin attack not wheel spin kick.
Finished Shows
Kamen Rider:Heisei Riders - Saber
Super Sentai: From Zyuranger to Kiramager
Other: Justirizer, Rescue Force/Fire

Haven't watched a Tokusatsu I didn't like :mrgreen:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't think they have the licenses for the movies or versus movies.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

rubius wrote:and besides all they use is a blocky yellow for all text
They started using a basic white font for Kakuranger and Ohranger.

Spoiler

rubius wrote:although i did notice 1 snafu, during the sentai vs monster battle pink racer says wheel spin attack not wheel spin kick.
The Japanese gives it as: "Wheel Spin Kick (ホイルスピンキック Hoiru Supin Kikku) " though.
Also on Japanese wiki: "ピンクレーサー
ホイルスピンキック
素早く前転しながら敵を蹴り上げる。ピンクレーサーの十八番でもある。"
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:I don't think they have the licenses for the movies or versus movies.
Which doesn't make a lot of sense. If you're Toei, why wouldn't you sell the movie rights alongside the rest of the series? It's not like they're worth anything stand-alone.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Maybe it's not a question of willingness to sell them but more of the cost to get the license.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Maybe Toei is hoping to sell all the movies as a separate package? Like how they released the Sentai movies on Blu-ray a year or two ago.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:Maybe Toei is hoping to sell all the movies as a separate package? Like how they released the Sentai movies on Blu-ray a year or two ago.
Perhaps. But since they never aired in cinemas here, that doesn't make a lot of sense in the West. Either way the whole thing is dumb, and Toei should be including them with the episodes for Shout Factory. :P
rubius
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Lupinranger vs. Patranger
Dreamy: Patren Sango/Magine
Favorite Actor?: N/A
Favorite Band: Rider Girls/Chips

Post by rubius »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
rubius wrote:and besides all they use is a blocky yellow for all text
They started using a basic white font for Kakuranger and Ohranger.

Spoiler

rubius wrote:although i did notice 1 snafu, during the sentai vs monster battle pink racer says wheel spin attack not wheel spin kick.
The Japanese gives it as: "Wheel Spin Kick (ホイルスピンキック Hoiru Supin Kikku) " though.
Also on Japanese wiki: "ピンクレーサー
ホイルスピンキック
素早く前転しながら敵を蹴り上げる。ピンクレーサーの十八番でもある。"
for the first quote i was watching Zyuranger while writing that so my bad, and for the second i was just saying what i heard when i was watching the movie.
Finished Shows
Kamen Rider:Heisei Riders - Saber
Super Sentai: From Zyuranger to Kiramager
Other: Justirizer, Rescue Force/Fire

Haven't watched a Tokusatsu I didn't like :mrgreen:
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

ViRGE wrote:
takenoko wrote:Maybe Toei is hoping to sell all the movies as a separate package? Like how they released the Sentai movies on Blu-ray a year or two ago.
Perhaps. But since they never aired in cinemas here, that doesn't make a lot of sense in the West. Either way the whole thing is dumb, and Toei should be including them with the episodes for Shout Factory. :P
I agree. It would make more sense to include the movies with their respective series, although I think Toei has to pay extra royalties since they're not actual episodes of the series. I'm sure a movies set would sell about as well as the series sets but ViRGE is right: the movies aren't much alone outside Japan. Heck, I've never seen the movies from Gorenger-Ohranger available on their own on either DVD or Blu-ray and even the movies from Oh vs Kaku-Go-Busters Returns* got lumped together in the 2016 sets, so it's not like they have a lot of value on their own in Japan. Don't get me wrong, I love those movies, but it seems the movies only get once shot on a solo release before being lumped with films from the same series (not counting discs like the last, with Goseiger Returns & Go-Busters Returns together, and first three discs with three films each).

*Oh vs Kaku-Go-Busters Returns doesn't count Gokaiger or Kyoryuger, despite the second 2nd 2016 set saying "2005-2013", nor the other Goseiger & Go-Busters films. Only films without previous Blu-Ray releases got on the sets.

Return to “Sentai-Denji Sentai MegaRanger”