Wiki Link

< DaiRanger | MegaRanger | TimeRanger >
jonty
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

MegaRanger 24 Released

Post by jonty »

This time on MegaRanger: "Running Solo! The Silver New Face"

(To the tune of The Zombies' "Time of the Season"): It's the time of the season for sixth rangers...

Spoiler
Finally we meet our sixth for this season: MegaSilver, aka Hayakawa Yuusaku. You know he's cool because he rides a motorcycle. And wears a big, loose jacket. All in all, a pretty cool introduction. He has the obligatory badass entrance, with the bonus of the henshin time limit. That dehenshin right after he lands the finishing blow is pretty damn cool, ain't it?

Also of note, the Keitaizer is probably one of the first (maybe the first?) cellphone-themed henshin devices.

Typesetter's note:
Doing MegaSilver's attacks were pretty fun. The standard effect of cycling through random letters (as in when he's typing "MEGA" into his Keitaizer) is actually something I wanted to for the MegaRangers themselves back when I started the show, but I couldn't figure out a good way of doing it. Well, now I did! Kinda

Final note: I love how Kenta apparently hums the MegaRanger theme to himself at times.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: MegaRanger 24 Released

Post by Phoenix512 »

So MegaSilver is an employee of INet but yet acts like all cool in front of the Megarangers. I can't wait when they find out who MegaSilver really is. It was a nice way to introduce MegaSilver without making him crazy powerful since the monster was able to negate the regular Megarangers' attacks easily.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I'm glad that they have Miku around to ask the important questions when a mysterious guy who knows top-secret information shows up, like how old he is.

Kenta humming the theme song was very amusing.

Right, MegaSilver. Pretty cool. Nice to see the sixth warrior's debut victory come more from strategy rather than brute strength.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

A very nice introduction to MegaSilver.

Miku's line "How old are you?" remains my favourite from this episode. Miku rules.

I also liked that MegaSilver didn't seem all that overpowered, as well as de-henshining in mid-air.

Also noticed Kenta humming the theme song myself, they usually do that during a series.

I believe the writers introduced MegaSilver at just the correct moment; not right after DeltaMega's introduction, and neither too many filler episodes afterwards. It was a nice "bonus" that they decided to have him act independently from INet and henshin for the first time out of the blue.

Great episode, really pleased that it was released so early, can't wait for the next one!
Behold the Emperor!
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Yuusaku kinda reminds me of a more "grown up" Genta from Shinkenger. He has the smarts but is lacking the sort of hyper childlike personality of Genta's.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

This was a very good episode. I really enjoyed watching it. But that has probably to do with the introduction of MegaSilver. I like how comes of as really serious and goofy at the same time. The most interesting part though is that the I-Net guys mention that MegaSilver is actually the prototype unit and not a specially developed loner/backup unit.

Preview:
Spoiler
2.5 minutes activation limit. It's what you expect from a prototype unit. It is flawed. It should provide some strategic battles for MegaSilver in the forseeable future.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Yes! My favorite ranger finally appears. It's pretty interesting to see how a lot of 6ths share personalities. He wasn't a total ass toward the main team. But still loved to show off. Similar to Dekabreak. Imagine Gokai Silver, Mega Silver, & Shinken Gold being in the same room.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

All 3 in a room? Especially those three you mentioned? Haha, dai bakuhatsu (big explosion) I'd guess? :P
But yeah I will agree, I liked the fact that MegaSilver was not an ass to the rest of the team; surely he's distant since it's the beginning, despite wanting to help and all, but his intentions are good nonetheless.
Behold the Emperor!
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

I'm still hoping that if Gokaiger does Megaranger, it'll be Kenta that shows up.

But seeing this now... maybe Yuusaku would be a better idea. He was the first silver hero, and his personality might clash with Gai's in an interesting way.

Return to “Sentai-Denji Sentai MegaRanger”