Forum rules
Wiki Link

< DaiRanger | MegaRanger | TimeRanger >
jonty
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

MegaRanger 25 Released

Post by jonty »

Wow! Another episode of MegaRanger. Lucky us. This time: "Cutting it Close! 2.5 Minute Time Limit"

This episode we learn about a time limit. It's 2.5 minutes long. I gotta say, MegaRanger episode titles are very informative.

Spoiler
So I know this was MegaSilver episode, but can we talk a bit about MegaBlue's crotch attack on that one Kunekune? I don't mean to be vulgar, but that was crazy. Here's the thing about this: seeing as how that attack seemed to have been very effective, it is implied that the Kunekune have...reproductive organs, which would imply that they go through some form of mammalian or similar reproductive process. This would also imply some sort of gender dichotomy in the Kunekune species. So then one must ask, are the front-line Kunekune made up of a mixture of male and female? Or is there some sort of separation of labor determined by sex? Perhaps amongst the Kunekune, the females do all the hard work, much like bees (and humans!). Or am I being a human chauvinist by imposing my homo sapien paradigm onto an otherworldly species?

Also: I like how at the end Shun holds up Yuusaku's flipper as if to say, "Hey, you dropped this."

Typesetter's note:
There was a bit of a debate amongst the staff for whether the time limit countdown should be subbed or not, given the fact that there's a big honking number on the screen for it from 9 to 0. Argument against: it's already on the screen, so why bother? Argument for: we sub the 335 Digitizer effect, so why not this? Also, it looks neato.

Needless to say, the pro-lobby won.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: MegaRanger 25 Released

Post by Phoenix512 »

You spend way too much time on the reproductive organs of minions. MegaSilver perfectly timing up the time limit when defeating the monster was pretty awesome until he showed up at the beach with an intertube around his waist. That wasn't as cool along with the fact that he was so scared of the Professor when he was pissed off at him for using the MegaSilver suit.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

This isn't the only time that's happened, one of the Dairanger once used a Dairenrod to hit a Kottopotoro in the junk, as I recall.

Anyway, if Kenta was able to use the Battle Rizer to cut their way out of the net, why didn't he do it from the beginning? It's not like he suddenly realized "Oh, I can do this!", he just did it.

I'd expect this kind of misstep in logic from a PR show, but Sentai? It makes no sense, it's almost as if the writers were mocking the audience, telling them, "Yes, Kenta could have done this, but MegaSilver needs more screen time, and you're too stupid to realize that's the only reason he didn't".
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

This episode had some flaws. Such as, the crotch grab by MegaBlue. That was just a bit too... Second the net captivity, when the battle rizer can cut them out. It just seems like the professor and megasilver are over reacting.

I really like how the defeat of both monsters was timed with the time limit of MegaSilver's activation. But I don't really understand why there is a time limit. Is it because his body can't handle the energy or because the equipment would burnout?

Was this the last one in this batch or is there still one more comming? I kinda lost count.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

Highlights of today's release apart from MegaSilver being awesome:

- The fight is for the young (indeed he does look older than 25)
- MegaBlue touching or rather grabbing an inappropriate place

The time limit is due to the fact that the suit is prototype and it has its flaws (i.e. it's not perfect), at least that's what the episode hints towards.
Behold the Emperor!
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Bad touch MegaBlue that could be construed as harassment if Kunekune or Nejire society actually has such concepts.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

Why's everybody so fixated on that? :lol: A lot of other stuff happened.

Yes, I know I talked about it too, but I was only pointing out that it wasn't without precedent.
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

Because it is so out of character for Shun. Now if Kenta or Yuusaku did it, I would not have been so surprised.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

There's always one person on the team damaging crotches. Usually it's a green. Black would defiantly not do it. But the girls can't do it. And I guess they don't want Red to do it. So they ahd to use Blue? I don't know. It's just suppose to be funny. People aren't complaining when Gokai Green did it.
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

Gokai green is a clown/goof in a non-morphed state and when fighting as a ranger. It is totally in character for him to have some unusual fighting techniques. In megaranger it is Kenta who is the goofball of the bunch and now also Yuusaku. For them it would be in character. For Shun totally out of his character.

Return to “Sentai-Denji Sentai MegaRanger”