Forum rules
Wiki Link

< DaiRanger | MegaRanger | TimeRanger >
jonty
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

MegaRanger 26 Released

Post by jonty »

Holy moly, another episode of MegaRanger?! It's like these come out in batches or something!

This time: "Is it True!? The End of Nejirejia". Uh, well, hint: MegaRanger did not end after 26 episodes, so...
Spoiler
This time we get to see the uptight Kouichirou team up with the easygoing Yuusaku. Good ol' reliable Sentai archetype-interaction storylines. You know, for some reason, whenever Kouichirou raises a stink about something, it invariably makes me laugh. I guess it's funny to see that come out of a high school kid.

Typesetter's note:
Nothing particularly interesting typesetting-wise this episode, so why not talk about the slightly different opening credits. We changed the actor credit subs a bit to match the already existing Japanese. We had to strike a balance between readability and subtlety. Hopefully we got it right. It bothers me a little bit that it overlaps with the karaoke, but I figure the credits are sort of in the background and the karaoke is sort of in the foreground, so it's acceptable.

On a related note, my god is white on yellow hard to read. I don't know what the graphic designers were thinking by not adding some black outline to Chisato's credit lines.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: MegaRanger 26 Released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Yeah usually some guy escapes from enemy base with a device to destroy their enemies is a trap. The funny part of the episode is when Yuusaku was doing martial arts in his office.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

This episode might have been a filler episode instead of one with decent contribution to the story (like the two previous ones), but it developed the relationship between Kouichirou and Yuusaku (the two most different Megaranger) really well.
The idea of a research lab being the base of operations of Nejirejia and a shield surrounding it was enjoyable. It's stuff like this which makes Megaranger cool.
As for the character development, it totally reminds me of the one between
Spoiler
Masumi and Eiji in Boukenger and Ryunosuke and Genta in Shinkenger

So I take it this is the last of this batch? Anyway looking forward to the rest once you release them.
Behold the Emperor!
ChelseaChampion
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Blade
Dreamy: LUKA MILLFY
Favorite Band: 24Herbs
My boom: Happiness
Quote: "Black Wing Sleeping Here Forever"

Post by ChelseaChampion »

I am loving this series but why is the theme song techno???
Drop. Fire. Gemini. Burning Divide
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

You know i'm sure INET & Nasada would've been very happy with with Kenta if one of those fireworks misfired or accidentally hit one of giant dish towers.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

What I wanna know is, if they're still off on summer break, how did they get into the school?

Are the doors of Japanese schools open during breaks? Maybe, being a club, they just have a key.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Schools in Japan remained open during summer break for clubs especially sports for practice along with classes for the students who aren't doing so well in their studies.
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

I kinda became half asleep while watching this episode, but it does not seem I missed anything important. But something I do not understand though. Why are those I-Net researchers so incompetent. Seriously! Their development work is halted and delayed when one scientist takes a break. I can belief that one person can be really smart and make some breakthrough technology. But as researchers, the flunkies should be able to grasp a bit of what Yuusaku is doing. So him being away once in a while should not have such a big impact on the development. The other researchers should be able to continue the work.

This series is mighty fun, but I think that part seriously annoys me more than Genta, Gai and Don and other goofballs like them combined.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams

Return to “Sentai-Denji Sentai MegaRanger”